Turn In

Chapter 18

Adam noticed Ava was acting strange when she showered he went into her glass wall home office looking on her desk he found nothing. He opened her tote bag she used for a brief case pulling the file she'd stolen from Scott's office.

There was no time to read it, so he took out his phone snapping photos if everything including the slip of paper.

Nothing in the paperwork was concise or exact it appeared to be clues that needed to be tethered together in order for the many pieces to fit.

He would look at them later but seeing her Ex husbands name she was up to something and he was going to find out what. He heard the water cut off slipping into the close by kitchen getting her cup of tea ready in her travel cup.

Ava dressed and came down to a dressed Adam, here baby kissing her, good morning i have to run I have that contractor job for the new black owned coffee shop chain down town.

They are bringing one to new york? Yes girl the owner is from New York I met her at seventeen she went to havana to make a deal with  coffee bean grower's.

His family mortgaged thier house to bring the beans to the United states. They started by bagging it and getting it into places like Dunkins and Starucks.

Once they made millions of dollar's and as thier contract's expired the family opened their own coffee store chains becoming top competitor's to those coffee king's.

It's between company and myself to get the contract for thr build out of fifty franchise store location's Ava.

Fifty Adam?! BABY THAT'S BIG!

Thank you baby I'm going to scout the potential location's before we meet so I'm knowledgable on the area's.

That's a good idea if you need me to look up any information I'm here. What are you suggesting Ava?

I'd say neighboring business and the times they are busy, if they encounter ticket issues from the city a lot, underground sewer back up in the basement.

Thing's that may happen during a tenancy the department of heath may use to shut the business down that the landlord may not be liable to fix unless noted in the leasing paperwork. Things that may cost more then it's worth down the line.

That's impressive baby. It shows you care about the investment and not only landing a contract.

I mean since it's a family business you want to give a family touch.. care. Thanks Ava I'll call you later? Love you Adam. Love you too ma.

Ava looked at the address she got from the private detective's office.

She dressed jumping in her car Ava left a note for Adam grabbing her gun placing it in her purse.

Ava showed to the address off the private Detectives desk. 

Ava looked up to a posh nursing home she walked in to the front desk past a coy fish man made pond the meditative music making the retirement home serene and calm.

Hi my name is Mrs. Dawson I'm here to see Deveraux. Oh Belle it's been a few weeks and he's been asking for you.

The nurse escorted Ava to his room. Mr. Deveraux your grand daughter is here!

Belle? Yes sir! Sorry for yelling he hates wearing his hearing aides. I'll leave you to it.

Your not Belle. Ava went in his side table placing a hearing aide in his ear to keep thier conversation private.

Mr. Deveraux I'm here because Belle has done something bad that can become way worse. I'm trying to help her.

What has she done now? She kidnapped her husband and is slowly killing him. What is his name child?

Chaise Dawson. Did you say Chaise Dawson child? Mr. Deveraux slipping out of his sedated sleep haze to attention.

Yes sir I did.

Ava you say you're name is? Yes sir.

Ava you have to find your husband as fast as possible he is in grave danger Belle is a ticking time bomb seventeen year's of pinned up anger ready to burst at any second.

Burst on that deviant man Chaise Dawson. The best thing you can do is have him turn himself in dear.

In to whom? Belle?

No ma'am! The police for murder!