This ain't That

Chapter 8

Ava showed to the medical examiner's office, the detective led her to the basement. He was in the hudson river just a heads up. They lowered the sheet, no, no she clutched her cross it's not him thank God. She exhaled happy it wasn't him.

Sorry about this, do you have any picture's? For some reason his wife hasn't supplied us with any of him. So she's not cooperating with the investigation? Now that you mention it, no not at all in fact she doesn't seem bothered by him missing.  You are his ex and you've shown more concern then she.

Ava looked ahead glad she planted the thought. If there is any thing else I'll call you Ms. Dawson. Thank you detective.

During her drive back to long island Ava looked at her car dash ID. Lord what now hello? Hello! Ava, finally I've been trying for hours.

Chaise you have to gimme something you said there are boxes in the basement did you go through them? Yes. Did you see anything like like a magazine or newspaper, an old bill? Look on the outside of the boxes any company names or addresses?

Hold... hold on.

He left for five minutes, Ava exited the highway to not loose the call. Ava, bullies clothing inc. She wrote it down that and the seagulls did it rain last night?

Huh? Chaise stay with me did it rain three night's in a row?I think so why? That means you're still in the city. Good thinking cupcake real good you was alway's smarter then me. Don't fucking call me that I had to pull off the highway in a seedy area I gotta get back on---

Ava carry the gun I got you, untape it from your desk, carry it. Why? Just do it..please. Alright. Call when you can I'm working on it she hung up shaky, he was dying the chill ran down her spine.

God help me please help me, crucify my flesh help me do the right thing because I want him to suffer I want him dead. Help me Father I need you Amen.

The detective got to his desk spinning his pen Ava's words kept him up all night long why did they haunt him so. The truth often does, he pushed back his vintage wooden office chair tapping his pen on his desk.

I know that look, his partner bringing him a coffee, one hundred days left on this fucking job and they toss me a dirty stinking missing persons case.

Oh yeah? What makes it stink? A husband goes missing but it's not the current wife that reports him gone but the ex. That's a first.

I try and call his current wife and she dosen't respond. The first wife? Trying to help. Lets split the wives up, you take the first wife I'll take the second. Deal.

Ava? Line three. Thank you Maria, this is Ava. Do you recall that weekend you and Chaise were to go to Martha's vineyard and he said he had to stay behind to finalize those City office contracts? Why are you calling me? Humor me do you? Yes. We were fucking all weekend at the Biltmore on Madison avenue in manhattan, we went on a carriage ride and he took me to FAO Swartz and got me this giant girrafe, I almost thought his intentions toward me were genuine.

I'm not saying these things to hurt you Ava, I'm saying them to make you stronger enjoy your week.

Ava took a deep breath trying to maintain her composure don't let her rattle you Ava you're better than this.

Adam? Yeah bae? You coming this week? Yes bae Tuesday why what's up? Stressed a little. You need it? Haha, need what? Adam went in the bathroom of the house. Tell me what you need. Adam. Don't Adam me, I won't do it if you don't say it. I'm at work. You're the boss there close the door you can say what you want who's gonna fire you human resources?

I want you inside of me. That's not good enough stop being proper. I need you to fuck me real good blow my back out. Adam smiled that's what I'm talking about when? Tonight. Yes ma'am get home like six ill hit you off then run back to the kids I'll pay Cicely to watch them for a couple hours. I'll be there. Love you. Love you. She hung up the phone rang back. Baby bring the chocolate I'll do that thing you like.

Humm I remember that.. thing. Ava turned dark Ava you there? I'm here the police are investigating i can't do more than that. What about hiring a private detective? With who's money? Use the alimony checks ill pay you back or draw money out the accounts for the business. Ask Belle that's who you took to the biltmore instead of going to the vineyard's with me right? RIGHT!
Bye. NO!  Don't hang up i want to talk. You want to talk? Yeah? Okay Chay, let's talk.

Chay, I haven't heard that--
Since you walked out the fucking door on our marriage? Why Chay? Why the fuck did you do that?

I fell in love with someone else. How did you get in the position to fall in love with another bitch? Humm?

You want me to go over it only to hurt you Ava? What's done is done.

What's done is done? You think you're still calling the shot's? You think I'm the weak meek Ava you fucked over five year's ago?

No, this ain't that negro, I'm in charge not you, now.. if you give me one more passive aggressive narcissist answer I'll hang this bitch up and I swear on the grave of my dead mother I'll never pick it up again nigga am I clear?

Crystal. Good now that we're on the same fucking page who is this psycho bitch and where the hell did you meet her?