Mask Off

Chapter 15

Ava was on the phone with the bank's all morning proving the extermination company was a victim of fraud.

She hired a finacial security company to handle all the other account's, including for her business and personal account's.

It was a four day affair creditors were locking the account's faster then they could close them causing more problems.

She was in the office twelve to fourteen hours a day trying to kill the finacial virus spreading to both businesses, as well as her's and Chaise's personal accounts.

Ava? Yes Roxie? Line one the life insurance company. What now? Roxie just as tired raised her hands in surrender.

She poured a fresh cup of coffee and made one for herself. Her secretary Maria and Roxie's son were there helping get the new files in order as they were coming in for both business.

Her sister Barbara was handling her personal account's and insurance policies from her sick bed at home.

This is Ava. It's Queen where are you Ava? The meeting with the metflix people it's today! What time? What time? Ava have you lost your marbles? The meeting is in one hour Madison Avenue or have you forgotten? No Queen I'm enroute as Roxie and Maria got a suit out the closet for her.

Call a cab Roxie I'll finish dressing in the cab. Maria and Ava got in the cab rushing to the meeting in Manhattan. They arrived fifteen minutes early. Ava pretended like everything was fine. Queen? Hey girl for a minute there I thought you forgot me. No ma'am.

Ava and Ms. Queen? Yes. Good luck guys. Welcome to Kyler Perry Studio's.

The women left the meeting smiling. Well? Maria asked excited. $2.8 million. Oh my god for the series? No book one! The women hugged, let's celebrate.

Ava was tipsy and didn't have her car she went to see Adam in Brooklyn when she got there his baby mother answered the door. Is Adam here? Who are you? Move Zeeka.

Ava wouldn't come in what's going on? Baby have you checked your phone?

I called over a dozen times Zeeka was evicted with the kid's today. How? She wasn't paying her section 8 portion the landlord put her and the kid's out. When? He showed her the eviction order three hours ago.

Come in Ava you've been drinking. No Adam she pushed him away. Ava? He grabbed his coat walking with a stumbling Ava to the corner to get a cab. Ava let me take you home. I'm good.

Ava, I don't love her baby, I love you.

I see what's happening, next month it's Ava were back together. Baby that's not true don't say that. Yes it is.

He picked her up carrying her back to the house. Get in the truck. She stood there defiant.

He opened the door putting her inside. She was quiet the whole ride. Thank you, he got out with her where are you going Adam? Home. Home is in Brooklyn.

No, home is where you are, while she's there I'll live with you since you don't trust me.

I trust you. No you don't I care more about your feelings then her's, where is my closet?

Ava pointed thank you. We live together now Adam? For the time being bae...yes. She smiled pecking the top of his hand because he chose their love.

The private detective followed Belle for three day's. He switched cars because he heard she was alert and cunning.

He layed off her three day and began again.

He followed her to a nursing home, thankfully he was dressed as a electric company worker. He walked in asking for the basement. He was escorted there where miles of file cabinets were.

He pretended to check electrical boxes and the like then went upstairs asking the desk a question. Nurse can you get the maintenance supervisor? Sure one minute. He looked at the sign in book, Belle signed in next to someone with the last name Woodson.

Woodson he thought. Thanks for your time I figured it out.

He left the facility happy he had a name. Jeremiah Woodson.

Does the name Jeremiah Woodson mean anything to you Mrs. Dawson? No, why? Belle visited someone in a nursing home that's the name of the person she visited, I'll check it out and get back to you.

I've followed her for a few days and she hasn't gone to Queens yet as soon as she does I'll call you and the police, have you heard from your husband? Ex husband. Sorry Ava.

Not for a day now. Let's pray he is okay have a good day Ms. Dawson. You to sir.

Her phone rang unknown, hello? Ava? My god I thought you were a gonner Chaise. I'm still here sounding weak and humbled.

Ava im..im..sorry, he began to cry on the phone.

Don't do that, I'm just as much to blame for our demise, I should of told you why I was closed off.

I'm working hard to find you I promise you that. She hacked into our business account all the money is gone, the FBI is looking into it because it was stolen using an illegal wire tamper.

It's considered a federal crime because the money was FDIC insured.

Will they give is back the money? They said yes pending an investigation that we had nothing to do with it.

Ava? Yes? I think I know who she is.