7. The Healer

It's been almost 3 weeks since Niki and Veerle became a married couple.

Niki always wakes up early and goes rushes to work, and at night he always tries to come home late to avoid Veerle.

Niki never ate breakfast or dinner that Veerle made, He only eats lunch in his office, He never looked at Veerle's face, even though Veerle always smiled and tried to treat Niki well, He didn't care.

****

*Niki pov*

I'm not feeling well since last night at first I'm just ignoring it, I thought it's just because I'm tired, but it's getting worse,
My stomach hurts like someone has been stabbed and feels feverish and dizzy, I choose not to work today cause can't get up from my bed and stay resting.

*Veerle pov*

Today I'm planning to visit my restaurant in Mapo. But when I got to the garage, I saw Niki's car still there.

" He didn't go to work today?" I mumbled.

So I go to his room, checked him. I found him still on his bed

"Niki wakes up, you're not working today?" when I touched Niki, his body feels so hot.

"Niki! Your body feels so hot , are you sick? Your face is pale"
but he just hummed, Didn't say anything.

" I have to take you to the hospital" I tried to carry him, take him into my car

"Niki, try to walk, you're so heavy" Niki wrapped his arms around my neck, aw:)

****

" He has stomach acid which causes stomach pain and fever due to lack of rest. He can rest at home and must eat regularly, take medicine" said the doctor to Veerle.

The doctor gives a prescription, Veerle brought the medicine from the pharmacy and then drove back home with Niki.

"Here's Niki have some food " Veerle tries to feed Niki.

" Get out! I'm not gonna eat that" Niki refuses

"C'mon Niki you fell sick cause of not having your meal properly, at least don't behave like this, I'm just helping you right now ok?" Veerle trying to convince Niki, Niki glared at her

"don't give me that look, Niki, I know you're hungry " Niki just rolled his eyes and do what Veerle say.

*Niki pov*

I let Her to feeding me because I have no energy to argue with her.

" okay finish, now take medicine " Veerle handed the pills to me, I swallowed the pill.

" now go! get out!!" I told her to go because it's all over.

" you sure? if you need anything just call me okay"

" Good night Niki, Rest well" she left my room with her stupid smile.

I woke up at 2 am, I'm feeling a bit better, my stomach doesn't hurt anymore, but my body temperature is still high, and feel thirsty, So I tried to stand up but still don't have strength and I dropped the vase that was on the table next to my bed.

Then I saw sleepy Veerle come into my room in hurry.

" what's wrong? where do you want to go?do you need anything ?" she asked too much.

" water, I'm thirsty"

" wait, I'll get you some" she rubbed her eyes and left my room then came back with a glass of warm water.

In the morning I just found out that Veerle sleeping on the couch, she must be awake last night.

" Am I Troubling her too much? but I didn't ask her to do those things" I mumbled.

I feel more better like literally healed, so I have to get ready for work.

*Veerle pov*

I woke up and saw Niki is getting ready.

" Are you feeling well? Are you sure you want to go to work?" I asked him, he just nodded and walk into his walk-in closet.

so I immediately quickly rushed to make him breakfast.

I saw Niki about to leave but I came in front of him to stop him

"Here, I've packed your breakfast, eat it in your Office room " he just grabbed it and left.

"I'm glad he at least took it, though not thanking me" I speak in my heart

****

In the evening, Niki came home earlier than usual.

" Welcome home Niki, How's your day ?" Veerle asked Niki with a smile on her face

" Better than here," Niki said that with his annoyed face.

" Ish, go clean yourself. I'll prepare dinner for you" Niki didn't respond to her and walked upstairs.

A few minutes later, Niki came without any word and just walked towards the dining table.

He sat on the chair and Veerle served him, Niki just eating in quitely, using his phone while Veerle talking.

" can you just eat your food? you're talking too much " he stood up and took his plate then leave Veerle.

" At least we have our first-time dinner tonight," Veerle thought

****

PLEASE CORRECT ME IF YOU FIND ANY TYPO OR WRONG GRAMMAR , LOVE YOU:)
Pls vote and comment 😊