16. Helping

BEFORE READ THIS PLS DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT. THANK YOU 🥰

HAPPY READING GUYS, HOPE YOU DON'T GET BORED✨💗

🖤🖤🖤🖤

Veerle is having a great dinner time with her old best friend Jake.

" Woah Jake this is our first time eating together in a long time right? "

" yes you're right hahaha, I never thought I'd meet you again in Korea, you've even become Niki's wife "

" Haha yes " Veerle feels awkward when Jake mentions Niki.

"How long have you been married to him ?"

" u-uhm a couple of months " Veerle started to get nervous to talk about her marriage with Niki.

" Oh I see, That little rascal he never tells me about his love life though, you too! you never tell me about your Mr.R back then hahaha "

Veerle just hummed and gave Jake an awkward smile.

"Anyway, how's your family? I miss Marteen a lot hahaha"

Jake feels that Veerle isn't comfortable with what Jake said, so he tries to change the topic.

" Marteen doing great he moved to Australia to continue his school also Lana she takes My Dad companies "

" That sounds great, and how about your Dad? "

Veerle falls silent for a while.

" I think you don't know that My Dad has passed away " Veerle smile and continued her dinner.

Jake can't say any word when hearing Veerle's answer.

" I thought I'd be a good friend to you but I'm not. I'm sorry for knowing nothing about you Veerle "

Veerle and Jake continued their dinner full of storytelling and laughing and suddenly Veerle got a message from Niki.

Niki :

" Where are you? I'm Hungry"

"what the hell?! he just complained to me?"

Veerle :

" I'll be home in a minute, wait "

"Jake sorry, I need to go home, Niki needs me, is it okay with you?"

"Oh yeah sure. drive carefully okay!"

Veerle takes her coat and leaves in a hurry.

*Niki pov*

" what's she taking so long?! it's quite late" I little bit got my worried to Veerle because it's already 12:15 AM.

When I try to call her I heard a door was opened and sees Veerle.

" Here's, I brought some food from my restaurant " She gave me a food package bag.

I took the bag and Veerle was about to leave but I try to stop her

" Eat with me" I hold her wrist.

" I'm full, I've had my dinner "

°

The next day I woke up earlier because I have a meeting with my client at 9, so I prepared myself in hurry but still try to keep it silent to not wake her up.

I arrived and waited for my client.

After waiting for half an hour suddenly my secretary called and told me that my client has arrived.