19. Jeju-do

It's been 5 months since Veerle left Niki.  Niki has tried to find Veerle everywhere, but he still can't find her. She left without a trace.

Niki feels desperate.

He regretted having treated Veerle not well.
Niki felt more broken after Jake told him that he misunderstood Jake and Veerle.

"You have to know Niki, Veerle has already liked you since High school, she doesn't tell me but I know Mr.R is you," Jake said to Niki when Niki came to his house.

***

*Niki pov*

Today I plan to meet Lana,  Veerle's Sister. I know She will scold me, but I want to keep trying to ask for Veerle's whereabouts to her. I'm pretty sure Lana knows where Veerle is

" Do you have the guts to meet me huh?! You have hurt my sister!

 if only I know your jerk's behavior, I will oppose your marriage with Veerle!

If only I knew Veerle was not happy with his marriage, it was better if She returned to Brussels, She was happier there. I've failed as a sister, I just want my sister to be happy to marry a good man, it turns out I'm wrong about you! " Lana scolded me

" Lana I'm sorry for not making Veerle happy, I'm sorry, I realized that I had misbehaved with her. I regretted it. I want to make up for my mistake to her, I miss her, I'm sorry I can't control my emotions and let her go. can you please tell me where she is? I can't live without her, I Love your sister. Please Lana " I tried to convince Lana

" I'm sorry I can't, you can leave now. I'm busy "   seems Lana doesn't care and gave me angry look.

" I'm sorry Lana, convey my apologies to her, and tell her I love her "

When I was about to stand up, Lana suddenly said "Veerle likes my mother's house which is on Jeju island.  Maybe you should start reading Veerle's diary,  I'm sure you will find clues there, this is the only thing I  can help you with "  

I rushed home and look for Veerle's diary. I started looking in my room, but nothing. Then I went to the attic, and there was still a lot of Veerle's stuff there. and I found Veerle's Diary. 

" 𝑁𝑖𝑠𝑖𝒉𝑚𝑢𝑟𝑎 𝑅𝑖𝑘𝑖  𝑡𝒉𝑒 𝑔𝑢𝑦 𝑤𝒉𝑜 𝒉𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝐶𝑜𝑙𝑑 𝑙𝑜𝑜𝑘 ,𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟𝑦𝑜𝑛𝑒 𝑑𝑜𝑒𝑠𝑛'𝑡 𝑙𝑖𝑘𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑒. 𝑇𝒉𝑒 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑡𝑖𝑚𝑒 𝑖 𝑠𝑎𝑤 𝑦𝑜𝑢, 𝑤𝒉𝑒𝑛 𝑌𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑒𝑟𝑒 𝑠𝑙𝑒𝑒𝑝𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑜𝑛 𝑎 𝑏𝑒𝑛𝑐𝒉 𝑜𝑛 𝑡𝒉𝑒 𝑠𝑐𝒉𝑜𝑜𝑙 𝑟𝑜𝑜𝑓, 𝐼 𝑤𝑎𝑡𝑐𝒉𝑒𝑑 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑒𝑡𝑙𝑦 𝑠𝑜 𝑎𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑤𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑢𝑝. 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑎𝑟𝑒 𝑠𝑜 𝑏𝑒𝑎𝑢𝑡𝑖𝑓𝑢𝑙𝑙 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝑚𝑒. 𝐼'𝑚 𝑚𝑎𝑑𝑙𝑦 𝑖𝑛 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 𝑤𝑖𝑡𝒉 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑠𝑖𝑛𝑐𝑒 𝑡𝒉𝑎𝑡 𝑑𝑎𝑦, 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝑚𝑦 𝑓𝑖𝑟𝑠𝑡 𝑐𝑟𝑢𝑠𝒉 , 𝐼 𝑤𝑖𝑠𝒉 𝐼 𝑐𝑎𝑛 𝒉𝑎𝑣𝑒 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑜 𝑏𝑒 𝑚𝑖𝑛𝑒. ...."

*

" 𝑂𝑀𝐺! 𝐼 𝑗𝑢𝑠𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑛𝑑 𝑜𝑢𝑡  𝑡𝒉𝑎𝑡 𝑦𝑜𝑢'𝑟𝑒 𝐽𝑎𝑘𝑒'𝑠 𝐹𝑟𝑖𝑒𝑛𝑑 ! 𝐼 𝑟𝑒𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 𝑡𝑜 𝑡𝑎𝑙𝑘 𝑡𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑏𝑢𝑡 𝐼'𝑚 𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑎𝑟𝑟𝑎𝑠𝑠𝑒𝑑 𝑡𝑜 𝑎𝑠𝑘 𝐽𝑎𝑘𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑟𝑜𝑑𝑢𝑐𝑒 𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢"