11. Cliché

*Niki pov * 

"Am I being too harsh on her? ah  never mind, she really annoys me!"  I just got home and thought about her.

I cleaned up and went into my room, about 1 hour later I heard a voice from outside, I thought it must be her, I tried to peek.

I saw her lying on the sofa, wet and suddenly her phone rang.

she picked up the phone but was silent for a long time.

"why is she just dumbfounded? she's really that dumbass huh?" I mumbled.

KRING KRING...

My phone suddenly rang

" you already know right? calm her down, she must be very sad right now " My Dad talks about things I don't understand.

" what do you mean? know about what ?" 

" you're not with her right now ?! Her father passed away!! Now take her to Hospital!" 

Now I  know why's she just silent with a teary look.

that night veerle did not want to go to the hospital, she just stayed in her attic room till morning, maybe she was crying. The next day I took her to her father's funeral. Her eyes were swollen when I saw her face in the car, but at the funeral, she didn't look like she was crying, she was just silent.

*Veerle pov*

"you two still hide everything from me huh?" I asked Lana and Marteen who were just silent in front of me

"He had leukemia for 3 years, he just told us 1 year ago veer, he asked not to tell you because he's sure he will recover. We just don't want you to run away again  Veerle" Marteen Answered while holding my hand.

" I hate both of you" I let go of his hand and left them.

I walked to a park near my house after dad's funeral, I sat on a bench looking up at the sky.

"First Mom, now Dad. How unfair this world is to me. And it's happens on my Birthday, such a Cliché"

 I started crying again.

 I put earphones in my ears and listen to podcasts.

" When we lose someone we love, we must learn not to live without them, but to live with the love they left behind.  death is not the greatest loss in life. the greatest loss is what died inside us while we live" 

After hearing that girl in her podcast, I realized I should not dissolve in anger and sadness. I have to continue living well.

****

it's been 3 weeks since Veerle's Dad left her, she just woke up and still laying on the bed and just staring at the ceiling. Her mind was filled with thoughts.

"I feel better now dad, even though you're not here. thank you for everything you did for me"

" And how about Niki? huh,"  She turned her body while looking at Niki who was still sleeping.

 Nothing has changed, it is still so awkward between Veerle dan Niki. Niki ignored her, didn't say a single word as always.

Veerle get up, she kisses Niki forehead

"Riki-aaa wakes up, Get ready for work" and Veerle  just smiling. Even though he just give Veerle his deadly look.

"Riki, what do you want for dinner tonight?" Veerle ask Niki while both having their breakfast

" You don't need to make dinner, I have a meeting and have dinner outside with colleagues"  Niki stood up and left her.

"Huh "  Veerle sighed

At night, Veerle hasn't slept yet, he's waiting for Niki to come home until late night.

"why Riki isn't home yet? did something happen to him?" she starts worrying

At that moment She heard the car sound. She peeks from the window and sees Niki's car.

she smiled and waited to open the door for Niki.

" Welcome home Riki-aaa!" she hugged Niki and kissed Niki cheeks but Niki pushed Her slightly. 

" let me carry your bag, how was your day? " Veerle took Niki's Bag .

" Better than here" he walks away upstairs.

*Niki pov*

" Bloody hell! I'm so sick of this seriously!! why should I let her always do clingy things me?! such a duffer! I need to stop I her " 

After cleaning, I lay down on the bed, Veerle wasn't here yet.

I heard the door open and heard footsteps approaching me. when She came closer, I knew She wanted to kiss me on the forehead before going to sleep.

" Stop it now Veerle"  She was surprised when I opened my eyes.

*Veerle pov*

I was about to kiss Niki on his forehead before sleep, but suddenly he's open his eyes and it's startled me. I thought he's already sleeping.

"you've not slept yet ?"  i asked him while sitting on the edge of the bed.

he just looks at me with an unusually cold gaze.

" i need to talk to you veerle"  He changed his position to sitting on the bed.

"I want you to stop doing all these stupid things, I don't want to yell at you or say something rude. I let you do that because I know you are grieving,i just feel sorry for you because you lost your father. I don't want to be rude to you, But this is very tiring. I don't like when you're kissing, hugging, calling me with your cringe tone. stop acting like we are a real couple, didn't I say I don't love you? I had to marry you, this is just a forced marriage for me "

He's silent for a while, Niki just looked at me with his serious look.

" stop thinking that you are really my wife, our marriage is not real. It won't be long, the time will come when I will divorce you. You shouldn't have feelings for me, you  know that right? besides that, how can you love me when we just met?"  his countined

°

I fell silent when I heard what he said, he said it without raising his voice, but his words were very piercing feelings. he just feels sorry for me, he won't open his heart to me, this marriage is just forced marriage.

"oh okay,sorry"

****

*nobody vote on this part, i think this is not that good right? :(

Hello guys! I'm so sorry if my grammar gone wrong,
pls correct me if you find it! 😊😊
Also, sorry the last Niki word was so long! I hope you enjoy it
Don't forget to vote and comment 💗

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PARK SUNGHOONN!