23. Happiness

Today is the day, Veerle and Niki will have their wedding.

a real marriage like a drunken couple who promise to bond more deeply in the relationship.

they only invited a few people, like Jay, Jake and Susan, Lana and her husband, and Marteen.

"Stop pacing like that you look like an idiot" Jake said to Niki.

" I'm fuckng Nervous, you dummy"

" hahaha chill, Don't worry, I'm pretty sure you won't do anything wrong, also you've done this before right?"

"still feels different"

°

Veerle entered the wedding altar accompanied by her brother Marteen,

in a simple dress, holding a bucket of sylvatica flowers, her face covered by a bridal veil.

"Is the groom willing to accept the bride as a partner for life and death?" said the priest.

"Yes, I do," said Niki"

"Is the bride willing to accept the bride as a partner for life and death?"

" yes, I do"

" Now the bride and groom are allowed to give a kiss,"

Niki slowly opened the bridal veil from Veerle's face. He could see Veerle smiling sweetly at him, full of emotion in her eyes and happiness.

"You always make me flutter , you're so beautiful" then Niki put his hand on Veerle's neck, and pulled her so that her face was closer to Niki's.

Niki gave Veerle a soft kiss on Veerle's lips. so deep and passionately.

"Dad, are you looking at this from up there? I have found my soulmate, he is my one and only Mr. R. Thank you for making me meet him again"

***

*Niki pov*

I woke up when the sun began to kiss my eyelids.

Slowly, I opened my eyes.

The first thing I saw was Veerle.

Her beautiful face, the shape of the eyebrows is neat, the lips are small, the eyelashes are thick, and the cheeks are red.

"Why did I always sleep facing back you? Though I can always enjoy this beautiful view every morning"

I leaned my face closer to Veerle.

kissed her forehead, then down her nose, her lips.

The kiss was deep enough that Veerle woke up and opened her eyes slowly.

"What are you doing? Morning kiss?" asked Veerle in a hoarse voice.

I reached my hand into her waist, pulled her closer to me, and looked into her eyes deeply.

"do you want more baby?"

"tch, stop flirting " She chuckles and kisses me.

"What are we going to do today Niki?" She said as She got up from the bed.

"I want to cuddle with you and kiss you all day long baby"

"EW, WHAT IS THAT? BABY?!!"

***

*Veerle pov*

Niki and I are getting ready to go to work.