24. Happily Ever After

"Hey Niki, wake up. You can't sleep here, your body will be sore" Niki fell asleep in the hospital bench. Jake tries to shake Niki's body to wake him up.

"Mhm?"

Niki wakes up.

His eyes were swollen and looked tired, his eyebags looked sluggish.

Pale face, dry lips.

He sat down and was silent. looking down blankly.

"You have to eat something Niki, you will get sick. Your body looks weak"

Jake was worried about his friend's condition.

But Niki remains silent.

"Niki everything will be fine, I'm sure Veerle's surgery will go well"

It's been 5 hours since Veerle was in the surgery room, Veerle was bleeding badly in the head due to the bus accident She was in. that's probably what made this surgery take so long.

Niki doesn't stop praying for Veerle. he was very nervous about his wife's condition.

"God, please don't take her too soon. We were just trying to fix things, we were just happy. Give us more time to live together and be happy, I love her so much, please hear my prayer."

***

After waiting 8 hours, someone opened the operating room door, and a doctor and several nurses were beside him. Niki immediately approached the doctor.

"The patient suffered a severe head injury, the brain wall was fractured from the impact causing bleeding"

"We have done our best to take some measures and have managed to stop the bleeding. but for now, the patient is in a coma due to trauma to her brain. we still have to do some checks and see progress in the patient, let's wait and hope for a miracle the patient will pass the critical period and wake up soon"

Niki was silent listening to the doctor's explanation, he did not feel relieved because Veerle was still in a coma. and don't know when She will wake up.

***

*Niki pov*

I saw the face of the girl I loved the most, asleep and had not opened her eyes for months.

I looked at her pale lips, pale face, and long hair, which I combed every day.

I miss her eyes, her hugs, her voice, her laugh, her smile.

~

"Veerle, when will you wake up? I miss you"

"Veer, on our wedding day, the first wedding. I didn't want to see your face at first, but when I opened your veil, I saw you were so beautiful, I almost fell for you, but because of my ego I brushed it off"

"When I'm sick you worry about me and take care of me even though I treat you harshly" When your father died, I felt sorry for you, I tried to be nice to you but in the end, I kept hurting you with my words"

"The day you started to change, the day you started ignoring me. At first, it made me feel relieved and happy. But it made me restless and wanted to get your attention back"

"I realized I was jealous when you were with Jake, and I'm sorry I cursed you, I'm sorry for being fckng Jerk that day and letting you go. And it hurts more when I know it was just a misunderstanding.