14.His Birthday

" Veerle ?!"

The guy was also shocked when he saw Veerle who opened the door.

It's Jake, her close friend from high school.

" I miss you!" Veerle went towards Jake and Hugged him.

" Hey stupid, long time no see woah you look different!" said Veerle while she let go of her hug.

" Woah what is this, what are you doing here? Isn't this is Niki's house?" Ask Jake confusingly

" Uhmm-"

" Yes it is, Yo Jake How did you know I lived here? " Niki just pulled Veerle to move away from Jake.

" I went to your house, but your father said you no longer live there because you are married, so he gave me this address, And what a surprise! I didn't know you married Veerle, are you two dating since school?" Jake asked and made Veerle and Niki confusedly

" No, we're not it's just bec-"

" What if we have lunch since it's time for lunch and talk inside" Veerle Was about to answer Jake But Niki cut her off.

They go inside and Veerle prepares lunch for them.

they were just eating their lunch while Jake and Veerle keep talking about anything.

"Woah You look a little bit different Veerle, how's Brussels? " Jake asked Veerle

" Brussels it's nice, I meet a lot of friendly people living in positive vibes, AndI went to college, study hard. Work as System Analysis for a couple of years." Veerle tells about her life in Brussels.

"How about you? you seemed to be busy huh you didn't even call me " she's continued

" haha you know, family business things that keep me very busy" Jake answered Veerle.

" Yes, I know what is like. Anyway, I really miss the days we played together when we were in school, you always comfort and cheer me up every time I'm in my struggle time, remember? haha " Veerle Started talking about her friendship with Jake when they were in school.

"yeah I really miss those days too, if we were not separated that time "

" Huh separated? did they were dating or something? haha of course no friendship doesn't have feelings for each other"

Niki thinks they're really a couple when they were in school.

They both keep talking And forget that Niki is still there.

" Ehem" Niki just cleared his throat.

*Niki pov*

" Uh, this is so annoying. Can they just stop talking to each other?! they act like I'm not here "

"Ehem" I pretend to clear my throat to get some attention from them.

" Hey Niki you too, why you didn't tell me that Veerle is your wife?" Finally, I got the attention of Jake.

" Do I have to tell you ?" I answered briefly.

" Haha okay okay, Am I the only one who doesn't know about your marriage?" Jake continues to ask me curiously

" No, no one knew we were married" Veerle replied with her straight face.

"Uhuk Huk huk " I get coughed when heard Veerle say that while I was about to swallow my food.

Veerle was the first one who notice me, she quickly grabbed a glass of water and passed that to me.

Deep inside, I don't why, but I feel a little bit happy about what she's done to me.

" why I feel happy about that? why I'm being freakish right now"

***

After they had their lunchtime Jake noticed that the awkward atmosphere between Niki and Veerle but he decided to not ask or say anything that would make them uncomfortable. Besides that Jake thinks it's their matter.

" Hey Jake, You can come here anything you want or maybe if you want to come to y restaurants or my cafe just tell me okay"

" of course I will, We just met after all these years, we have to hang out together often, don't we ? hahaha"

"Okay, I need to go now Veerle, Bye !" Jake left them.

Veerle felt way much better after meeting with her best friend after a long time.

But Niki, Didn't feel the same even though Jake is his friend who just meet since Jake moved to Australia.

"Why did he come here without telling me first, He's ruined my mood"

The next day is Niki's Birthday, Of course, Veerle knows about that.

*Veerle pov*

I just wake up and turn around to see Niki

" It's your birthday today, i wish I could celebrate that just two of us"

"Happy birthday~" I whispered to him. But suddenly he just opened his eyes and it's shocked me.

So I just get up from the bed in hurry and leave the room.

I prepares the breakfast and started eating alone.
Niki came and started eating too, but now he's not using his phone.

" wow that's weird"

We just eat in silence, no one starts a conversation until my phone rang

KRING KRING....

" Hello?"

" Oh Jake, hang out? Sure. Just tell me what time"

It's jake, he's asked me to go out with him since we just meet yesterday.

" Get dressed,you have to come with me after this" Niki suddenly talks without even look at me.

"I already hav-"

"Lotte world, come with me"

🦋🦋🦋🦋

HELLO GUYS I HOPE YOU GUYS STILL INTERESTED ON THIS STORY, I'M SORRY IF YOU FIND ANY TYPOS OR WRONG GRAMMAR, PLS CORRECT ME🥰

DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT 💗