26.Sleep Together

"Maybe you should give her more time until  she knows the truth, for now, her emotions are not stable, I'm sure my sister will remember you," said Marteen to Niki.

"I know, but what if she won't come back to me?"

"Don't give up, make her remember all of your precious memories with her"

"but not all the memories are precious...."

***

Niki returns to Veerle's room.

 He saw Veerle watching tv, Veerle just looked at Niki for a moment and then continued watching.

Niki saw that the hospital food provided was still neatly wrapped, it seemed that Veerle didn't touch it at all.

"You haven't had dinner yet?" asked Niki.

"I don't like that" Veerle looked at the hospital food tray.

"I knew you wouldn't like hospital food, so I brought you this"

Niki stuck out a food bag, which was full of all kinds of food.

"I don't know what you want to eat right now so I bought all of it, you just have to choose"

Veerle was just silent, he stared at the food that Niki brought then stared at Niki for so long.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

Veerle remains silent.

"Are you uncomfortable with me? I'll go so you can eat comfortably"

"No, you can stay here, There's something I want to ask"

Veerle started eating, and Niki tried not to pay attention to his wife so she wouldn't feel awkward.

°

"So our marriage is just a forced marriage?" Veerle suddenly asked while she was chewing.

"H-huh?"

"So it's true?"

"I-I..."

Niki stuttered, he didn't know what to say.

"Actually, before you came, I was walking around and sitting on a  park bench"

"Suddenly a guy was sitting next to me"

 "I didn't care, I only listening musics, using my headphones. For a moment , he was just silent next to me, when I was about to get up from my seat, he held my wrist , at first I was scared and looked at him coldly"

"What the -"

"Who are you?!"

"but he just gave me a small piece of paper and left."

"I was confused, I couldn't see his face clearly, he was wearing a hat and mask. I opened and read the paper."

"𝙔𝙤𝙪 𝙜𝙪𝙮𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙖 𝙛𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙘𝙤𝙪𝙥𝙡𝙚, 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙜𝙚 𝙞𝙨 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙖 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙘𝙚𝙙 𝙢𝙖𝙧𝙧𝙞𝙖𝙜𝙚, 𝙞𝙩'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙡"

"At first, I thought he was just a lunatic who does that a lot and picks random people around, but I asked the nurses who were passing by but they said no one had ever done that around the park before."

"I thought it was weird, but I chose not to care and threw the paper away" explained Veerle to Niki. Her said worries Niki.

"Why did you go alone? why not wait for the others to come? or ask a nurse to accompany you?" Niki complaining Veerle.

"Wow, slowly. First, I'm bored. Second, I'm not a child who must be accompanied constantly"

Niki looks upset.

"Next time if you want to go for a walk, you should call me, Lana, Marteen, or Jake,"

Veerle just rolled her eyes and continued eating.

°

"Since our marriage just a fake, do you have a girlfriend?" Veerle asked again.

"What?"

" do you have a girlfriend?"

"Y-yes.."

"Oh, is she pretty?"

"She is the most beautiful woman I have ever met"  said Niki, glimmering his eyes looked deep into Veerle's eyes.

"She is very lucky to have a handsome and kind Boyfriend like you, is she okay with our marriage? I don't want to ruin your relationship"

Niki was silent looking at Veerle for a while.

"You have to finish your meal then rest, I forgot to buy coffee"

Niki immediately rushed to leave Veerle.

"Kind?" Niki started to tear up, he was still standing in front of Veerle's room.

"What if she remembers everything I did to her? She'll hate me"

***

*veerle pov*

"Why does my chest hurt when I look into his eyes, it feels a little dizzy when I see the bracelet he is wearing, is my mind trying to remember something?" 

my mind keeps thinking about Niki, he disturbs my mind like something is missing about him. why do I just forget all the things about him?

after half an hour, he came back with plastic full of drinks.

"Why do you buy so many drinks?" I asked Him.

"I didn't know which one you wanted, so I bought all of them"

"You are really something..."

He sat back on the sofa, just silent and using his cell phone.

"Hmm Niki"

"yes?"

"I'm sorry"

"for what?"

"for being rude to you  that time"

"Oh, it's okay. I know you were still shocked  that time"

"Okay, And Niki..."

"Yeah?"

" Doctor said I can be outpatient and can return home tomorrow, can I stay at your house for a while? I don't like talking to Lana, Marteen will also return to Australia soon"

"What do you mean? why are you asking my permission?"

"Huh?"

"Why did you ask permission? That's also your house, isn't it?"

"Oh right , well  I will use my room then "

"your room?"

"Yes, my room. We don't sleep together, right?"

"Mmm about that..."

"WE SLEEP TOGETHER?!"

"Y-Yes"

I was silent for a moment because I'm kinda confused right now, how can Niki and I sleep together when he still has a girlfriend, what if his girlfriend finds out?

" WHAT THE HELL?!"

****

Don't forget to vote and comment 🤍
Sorry for grammar gone wrong and typos

pls correct me:)