CHAPTER 21 ♡

Oh, and baby I'm fist fighting with fire

Just to get close to you

Can we burn something, babe?

And I run for miles just to get a taste

Must be love on the brain

"I know there's an after-party, can I perhaps go to your hotel room and watch you prepare?"

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

YOUR POV

It was a successful show! I am beyond happy, my heart is happy. Seeing my dad in the audience almost brought me to tears. Mom, if only you're here to witness me, I'm sure you will be shouting "That's my daughter!".

Thank you so much, Mom. You have no idea how much I wanted you to be here today. Everything would be impossible if it weren't for you. You have given me a cause to strive to be better and to be more.

Mikey's was also there, to add to the happiness that I'm feeling entire my body. I couldn't keep up with the fast-paced nature of the situation any longer. He surprised me with a slew of presents. I'll acknowledge that he made me feel exceedingly special by doing so. But, I'm still not sure what he's trying to accomplish. What is he doing here? While I was with his executives last week, he was absolutely absent from the scene and nowhere to be found. I'm hoping he's not plotting some kind of scheme.

Despite the kind gestures he showed me, I can't afford to let my guard down around him.

We are now on our way to my hotel. My dad went to Mexico to talk to some of our business partners. Not gonna lie, the tension between Me and Mikey inside the car is very thick. Can I just say that I feel like a true celebrity? Mikey initiated to give us a ride with his limousine. He is now seating next to me with a glass of champagne in his hand.

"Thank you for doing this Mikey, please let me know how can I return this kindness of you," I said looking at him. He looked at me as he removed my hair from my face, tugging it to my ear. "We'll see about that, Angel," He said as he sips champagne.

I tilted my head and gave him a puzzled look. "Okay! don't hesitate to talk to me if you need anything okay?" He nodded and played some music.

Are you kidding... Why does it have to be this song? Wet the bed by Chris Brown really? Anyway, I ignored that and took my phone out of my purse. I went to Instagram and looked at my notifications.

I almost dropped my phone when I saw Mikey followed me. Without hesitation, I clicked his account to follow him back and of course, look at his story. I clicked his icon and I saw myself walking back to the backstage. 'My angel...'

I can feel my cheeks burning as fuck. I pressed 'repost this story' and put back my phone in my purse immediately. Little did I know he was watching me. "You good, (Y/N)?" Mikey questioned me. At this point, I couldn't lift my head anymore.

I nodded and shut my eyes. Lord give me strength.

"Hey Angel, I think we're here." He said while I glanced at the window. "Uh, yes. I'm sorry if some paparazzi comes up to you-" He cut me off.

"It's okay, if that happens, I'll hold your hand, alright?" He put down his glass and smiled at me. This reassuring smile... fuck you, Manjiro Sano.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

The driver went out to open our door, Mikey was the first one to go out. He extended his hand to me as I went out of his limousine. I can hear the paparazzi screaming. "Please look here!", "Who is this Lucky man (Y/N)!?"