CHAPTER 35 ♡

"Yes, that's the house where my wife and son were murdered."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

SANZU'S POV

As soon as (F/N) left with Kenji, I immediately called Takeomi and Mochi. As expected, she's nowhere to be found. I've looked through every nook and cranny of this place, but I've come up empty-handed. This time, she improved on intelligence. She didn't leave any traces of herself behind; she just literally walked out of the house.

I was just about to go out the back door when I heard a split in the wood. Curiosity got the better of me and lifted the carpet. It revealed an underground hidden basement, of course, I looked into it. 'what in the world?' I thought to myself. There was a variety of weaponry. Not just any guns, but rare weapons that may kill a person in a heartbeat.

I looked around a little more and discovered a small old box. When I opened it, I noticed a family photograph, which I presume was taken by them since her father was standing behind her, placing her hand over the shoulder of another woman. I'm going to guess it's her mother. (Y/N) was sat next to a male. She seemed to be in such good spirits, and she seemed to be enjoying herself in this photograph. Her features were a cross between those of her father and mother.

When I took a closer look at the man who was sitting next to her, I came to a complete halt. This must be her brother, Eishi. But wait a minute, I've seen this man before...

As soon as I heard footsteps behind me, I took the photo and slipped it inside into my back pocket.

"Sanzu, are you there?- Woah, what the fuck is this?" I heard Takeomi.

"Apparently, she just proved that she's one step ahead of us," Mochi stated while touching the guns. Well, he gotta a point, though.

We were just admiring the weapons when we heard something ticking. Our eyes widened. "What's that?" We said in unison and faced each other.

I lifted the box and saw a bomb. I guess curiosity can really kill a person, smart move, (Y/N). So, this was your plan, huh? As soon as someone opens the box, it activates the bomb.

"Sanzu, it's a bomb; let's get out of here!" Takeomi snatched my collar as soon as he saw the bomb, which had been reduced to 15 seconds.

We sprang to our feet and began sprinting as quickly as we could. Takeomi was the first one to run, followed by Mochi and I.

Fuck! As soon as we got out of the house, there was a machine gun attached to a tree. It started firing at us; I assume it has a fucking sensor or someone's controlling it.

We're so close to my car. I glanced back at the tree; I fell down and looked at my leg.

"Sanzu!" Mochi looked back at me. The machine gun caught my left leg...

He picked me up and carried me, putting me on his shoulder. Takeomi, was about to come near us, but Mochi shouted. "I got this! go to your car!"

"Tsk! Fuck!" Takeomi said while sprinting to his car.

When he opened his car, there was a note...

"You shouldn't have touched the picture."

He was puzzled. "What picture?!"

His car blew up just as he was about to go in.

"TAKEOMI!" While I'm slowly losing consciousness, I heard Mochi yell something. My eyes started to become blurry. Before closing my eyes, I glanced in Takeomi's direction.