·˚ ༘₊· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳ Pure Outrage

TW!! : abuse , this chapter is awareness about abuse especially in children. By the time children turn 18, about 1 in 8 of them is likely to have been abused at some point in their lifetime.
24/7 abuse hotline: 1-800-799-7233

The school bell rings as me and Adrien walk out together laughing and talking about seeing Charlotte and what not. Rain begins to drizzle as I whip out THE umbrella.

"Remember this?" I smirk as he laughs.

"How could I not? I'm surprised you still have it." He places his hand on mine and I jump in a puddle causing him to get wet.

I chuckle as I sprint away so he can't do the same to me.

"Mari!!" He runs after me as I run through the bakery, up to my room.

He comes in right after me but politely greets my parents in a rush.

"Good afternoon! I'm very sorry for all the disturbance." He bows slightly as he continues to follow me up to my room.

I reach the entrance of my room and peak in to see Charlotte hugging her legs and hyperventilating. I hurry over and cradle her in my arms, she grasps onto my shirt while she sobs.

"Honey, what's wrong?" My grip on her tightens as she whimpers.

Adrien barges in and gasps at the sight of her. He hurries over and kneels down next to me.

"Mommy really hurt my belly." I run my fingers through her hair trying to calm her down.

"What did mommy do to hurt your belly?" Adrien jumps into conversation making nervous eye contact with me.

"She cut it." Charlotte pulls up her shirt revealing a nasty looking open wound.

Me and Adrien gulp but try to remain as calm as possible so we don't overwhelm her. With a wound that big, there's absolutely no way that could've been an accident.

"Okay Charlotte, we're gonna get you bandaged up and Adrien will wait with you after while I talk to my parents, okay?" I pick her up as I rise to my feet.
Me and Adrien walk down my staircase to the bathroom. He reaches into the cabinet and grabs wound disinfectant spray and bandages, he begins to clean and cover the cut while she sniffles.

"I'll take care of her, you can talk to your parents." He exhales heavily as I nod and run to my parents.

I explain to them about the suspicion of Charlotte being abused by her mother but I cant even focus on what they're saying as all I can do is worry. I see Charlotte as family, I can't imagine how she must feel. No one deserves that treatment, but especially a child.

As mom calls the police, Papa comforts Charlotte by allowing her to bake food with him. I don't want her to be sent to an orphanage, that will probably make her childhood even more traumatic. I go back up to my room where Adrien is and sit with him full of worry.

"Adrien, I'm terrified for her." I admit, face buried in my knees.

He places his arm around me and holds me tightly.

"I am too, but we'll make sure shes okay and her mom faces a punishment." Adrien tries to suppress his anger and stay calm, but is quite obvious that by his tone that he is anything but calm. I mean he has a rightful reason to be, I'm furious about this as well

We both stay silent for a moment until I blurt out my thoughts.

"What if I adopt Charlotte when I turn 18? She could stay with my parents while i'm at school and she wont have to adjust living with a total  stranger.. " Adrien stares at me blankly.

"Mari, you're so young. Maybe when you graduate college you could and in the meantime your parents could foster her? When you do get custody over her, if you needed someone to adopt her with you I would gladly do so. I think we're gonna last a while, Marinette. I deeply care for Charlotte as well, I truly believe that we can do this together." He holds my hand as I hug him, smiling.

"Adrien, I love you." He places his hand on my face and rubs his thumb on my cheek.

"Marinette, Adrien, The police are here they need you two to state your claims and talk to them." Mom shouts from the bottom of my staircase.

Well, lets get this stage over with.