꒰ఎ ❝ I'm sorry.❞ ໒꒱

——————————
I sit in the school library, The pondering thoughts of what the future holds pour down on me like rain.
I stare down at the blank piece of paper sitting on the table in front of me. The stupid essay I have to write in english class is due tomorrow and there's not a word on this sheet and it's due TOMORROW. God damn it Marinette.
Maybe the test was a false alarm, that would be understandable. I'll just take another one. Should I still tell Adrien? Do I tell anyone??

"Mar are you doing okay?" Alya spots me from the romance section and walks over with a frown.

I reach into my purse and grab the test. My hands quake as I drop the two lined test into her hands.

She stares speechless at the test then looks back at me. Her eyes wander, scanning each place on the test.  Her mouth opens then shuts, she can't bare to let out a word.

"Im sorry." Alya finally lets out while holding my hand tightly.

Im sorry? No 'are you okay?' , 'how do you feel? , just sorry?

A clatter comes from outside of the school, clear indication of an akuma attack.

"We'll talk later." I mumble while rushing to the restroom.

Alya nods, understanding why I have part.
I check in all the stalls to make sure they're empty so I can transform efficiently.

"Tikki spots on!" I whisper as I transform into the famous Ladybug.

I hop out of the bathroom window and make my way to the arena in which the attack is set.

"Hey M'Lady." Chat runs next to me in his charming tone.

"Hi kitty." I try not to cry as the secret floods my head. I wish I could tell him, I wish I had the guts.

We get to our destination being greeted by Hawkmoth.

"Well, well, well. What a pleasure to see you two face to face again." Hawkmoth cackles with a mischievous grin.

I get in battle gesture while Chat just looks at him.

"Why do you want our miraculous's?" Chat asks Hawkmoth as he freezes in shock.

"Why do you care?" He growls as Chat tries to reason with him.

"It's a genuine question. There has to be a reason you want them." He continues to question our biggest enemy while I continue my preparation for emergency battle.

Hawkmoth sighs. It's a dull, sharp, sigh.

"The truth is, my poor wife is in a coma due to the peacock miraculous. The only way to bring her back is with the help of the two main miraculous's, yours." His eyes sadden as Chat frowns.

"Maybe there's a different way we can help you.." Chat places his hand on Hawkmoth's shoulder as I realize he's gripping something behind his back.

A sword.

His pin, that's where his miraculous has to be!
I cautiously approach the two.

"Yes wonderful, we could stop fighting. It's been so difficult." He slowly changes his grip to his other hand.
He begins to raise it.

"CHAT WATCH OUT!" I try to yell before feeling a burning sensation in my shoulder.
A wound.

He threw the sword at me and quickly rushed away in order to akumatize somebody nearby as I lay injured.

"M'LADY!!" Chat cries as I lay on the concrete roof of this random building.

I cant feel my body, everything is numb other than my left arm and shoulder.

"Im so sorry. Im sorry." His tears fall onto me as he carefully supports my back. I place my hands onto his face.

I fade in and out of consciousness as tears fall from my eyes.

"Chat." I whisper running my thumb up and down his cheek, wiping his tears.

"Yes?" He stutters and shakes as my eyes slowly shut.

"Im pregnant." I feel myself fading away as his eyes shake even more.

I feel everything caving in.

"I'm sorry."