ᥫ᭡ Oh How I wish You Knew ᥫ᭡

Rain splatters around me as I cant identify is the water on my cheek is tears or raindrops. After last night, I wonder if Adrien would trust me more if he knew I was Ladybug. He somehow trusts Ladybug- me- whatever more than Marinette, his girlfriend. After everything we always end up in the same position, him with another girl, me crying, cycle restarts. Am I doing something wrong? Am I overthinking? Why me?

I let out a long sigh then rub my forehead as Tikki wraps her tiny arms around my hand and embraces it tightly.

"Marinette, Everything will be okay." She assures me while lightning crashes in the distance. I jump back and place Tikki in my pocket, I being to run but I get swept off my feet, most literally.

"Hello princess." Chat swoops in, jumping from building to building until we eventually meet my balcony.

I huff and climb into my bedroom not saying a word as he furrows his eyebrows and follows me. I sit on my bed and pull out my laptop, Chat walks over to me and stands over me.

"Why are you avoiding me?" He fidgets with his ring as I hug my knees tightly. His voice is full of genuine concern but I don't even care at this point.

"Why don't you look at me the same way you look at other girls?" I want to cry, but I cant. My eyes wont let the tears fall, so the sadness transfers to my voice. Causing it to crack and soften with each word.

"What?" Adrien eyes quake in disbelief as I manage to look up into his bright green eyes.

"Tell me Adrien." I tremble as he becomes visibly upset. Normally when he's not completely mad, you cant tell by his physical features, but right now everything indicates his anger.

Before any more words could be said,
Boom.

Without saying a word, he transforms and leaves. He's off to capture the akuma, but I really wish it was my heart he was after. Whatever. I clench my fists and calm myself before transforming. 

I leap from rooftop to rooftop as Ladybug, my heart skipping a beat each time I remember I'm going to have to pretend everything is okay with Chat.  

"Lb, it was a false alarm. Turns out someone was just joking around." He lays on the roof of a condo with his hands supporting his head while staring up at the dark cloudy sky.

"Oh okay." I sigh lightly and awkwardly grin than quickly rest my expression once more.

"First Marinette and now you. Why is everyone so upset with me?" He pouts while sitting up and looking into my eyes. 

"I don't know you tell me." I cross my arms and bite my bottom lip out of stress.

"I'm so done with this." He stand up and re-clenches his fists the way he did earlier that evening.

"Okay bye." I huff swinging away with my yo-yo and landing into my bedroom.

Not even five minutes pass before a familiar black cat appears. Great.

"Chat I-"

"I look at you differently from other girls because I'm in love with you. I'm not crazy about other girls like I am with you, when I look at you I see my future. You're the girl I wanna marry, Marinette. Other girls don't deserve the look that the most beautiful girl I've ever seen deserves." He sits next to me, cuffing my hands in his while making direct eye contact with me. 

I hesitate, but its time. Its finally time.

....

"Adrien, I'm Ladybug."