ヾ‧₊ Why'd You Do That?! ヾ‧₊

One line.

I'm not pregnant.

"Okay I'm back." Alya's expression falls blank as she reenters my room.

Although there would've been a lot of issues, in a way I wish it were positive. Adrien can read my emotions better than I can and holds me, understanding how it must feel. His eyes reek of sadness just as much as mine do. Am I allowed to feel like this?

"You're pregnant, I see." She eyes the test as I clear my throat. Can she not see my face? She needs to read the damn room.

"One line means it's negative." I snuggle against Adrien more, I mean I have a lot I should be happy about, I should stop being selfish.

"Oh, I'm sorry."

I'm sorry? That's all you can say?

Adrien rubs my head as we all sit in silence, awkward silence. The only sounds visible are us drawing for breath each time we attempt to speak, each attempt fails. But I mean hey, A for effort right?

"You both know about each other right?" Her eyes shift toward us as we nod lightly.

"You're the first person who know both of our identities, we trust you to keep our secrets especially now that you know Adrien's." I gain the courage to look into her dark chocolate colored eyes, guilt shivers my spine, although i'm not sure why. It's like reading a vent and not knowing how to respond so you end up leaving the person on 'opened'. I can't believe I let Adrien do that, is this my fault?

"I promise on my life I won't tell anyone." You can tell her response is wholehearted, her pupils dilate when she's fearful or insincere but they're extremely calm.

Later in the day

I sit by the glistening water, it's soft waves pass as I kick my legs gently while sitting on the ledge of the wall diagonal from the lock bridge which is a known hangout spot. I allow the breeze to pass through my hair while I soak up the crisp air in silence.

"Marinette?" A deep but soothing voice travels from behind me.
I quickly bolt my head in fear just to see Luka with his hands placed in his baggy jean's pockets.

"Oh hey Luka." I forcefully grin, he frowns at my attempt to convince him my mood is positive.

"What's wrong? I know that look in your eyes when your aura is out of balance." He takes a seat next to me, his frown remaining firm.

"Just some issues with thinking about the future and stuff like that." I slip the truth out, it's so easy to talk to Luka cause he gets it AND is good at listening to what I have to say.

"The future isn't here yet, you need to focus on the present before you can worry about the future." Luka's teal eyes meet mine, the sun hits them causing him to squint a bit.

"Just think in the present." He whispers as he quickly kisses me, placing his hand on my face pulling me in in a non-hesitant gesture.

I immediately panic and pull away as he quivers in regret, I smack his hand away and slap him across the face.

"Why'd you do that?! I have a boyfriend, you know that!" I grab my purse and run away, not turning back. My eyes are teary, I thought he was different.

I guess not.

The Next day (Monday)

I walk into school, the thoughts of yesterday still haunts me like a desperate, needy, ghost. I need to tell Adrien but what will he do? How will he react?

"Hey girl, you okay? You look really upset." Alya approaches me while I stand by my locker, completely stumped.

"Luka kissed me yesterday." I reveal with a trembled expression, she tries to speak but I cut her off.

"And before you ask I didn't kiss him back I slapped him and ran away I haven't told Adrien yet." I continue to fulminate as Alya's face looks more disappointed than before as she looks in the direction behind me.

I turn to see Adrien, completely astonished, staring at me. He slams his backpack on the ground and stomps away from us, I begin to chase after him as he pushes open the doors to the front of the school. He spots Luka and stands in front of him.

"Shithead." Adrien yells as he punches Luka in the nose. A crowd begins to circle around the two, most people recording while others enjoying the drama.
Luka throws a punch as they both end up on the ground punching and kicking each other intensely like wild animals.

I try to get closer to stop them but the crowd of people surrounding them pushes me into the center, unintentionally. Luka is about to throw the final punch that could possibly knock Adrien out, but I fall between them right as the punch is in motion causing me to get punched so hard across the face that the world begins to fade.

"MARINETTE! FUCK YOU LUKA, MARINETTE STAY WITH ME!" Adrien shouts faintly, I can feel his touch hugging my body. The worry in his voice breaks my heart, I can't bare to see him unhappy. I think he kicked Luka in his groin cause I just heard him groan although everything is echo'y.

I can hear commotion before everything disappears in a snap.