் ༘ ༉ The End Of The Future. ் ༘ ༉

One month passes by
————————————————
"Are you excited for the baby shower?" Alya and I make our way down the baby section of Target in hopes of stumbling upon a good gift.

"Duh! Ms. Bustier is so nice for inviting all the girls in our class, what a sweetheart." I smile while placing an adorable matching pajama set into my shopping cart.

"I just know her baby is going to be so lucky." Alya pushes the cart toward the checkout.

"Speaking of this topic, I just got my period and I'm dying girlll. I'm gonna get medicine, stay here with the cart I'll be back." She pats my shoulder and rushes to the pharmacy.

I sigh and look down at my period tracker app;
Period 10 days late

Everytime I look down at this stupid app, the more brain dead I become. I gulp while running my hands through my hair.
I turn to my right and stare at the pregnancy test aisle.
Maybe I should-

"Mari I'm back!" Alya grins with a box of tylenol in her hand.

"Alright let's get going to the baby shower then!" I shake off the whole period thing and walk with her over to checkout.

"Is there anything else you wanna get?" She asks me while scanning her items.

I turn my direction to the maternity aisle but just shake my head to her question.

She shrugs while scanning all the baby clothes and presents we got for the baby shower.
I bite my lip while trying to hold backs several rushing emotions all at once.

After exiting

"Aaand off we go." Alya starts driving the car toward the hall in which the baby shower is being held.

The car stops in the parking lot as we make our way inside with our gifts. It's a traditional baby shower so only women are allowed while opening gifts and anything other than the before and after parties.

"Adrien!" I run over to him, embracing him tighter than I ever have.

"Hey Mar, is everything okay?" He holds onto me in worry as I shove my face into his chest.

"I need to go to the pharmacy to grab something.. can you make sure Alya doesn't get drunk while im gone?" I ask as he quickly agrees. I kiss his cheek and rush out the door toward the pharmacy with absolutely no hesitation whatsoever.

I enter the pharmacy and look around for the section that has the selection of pregnancy tests. I notice it and stare at all of the different brands and choices.

I want the most accurate answer,, I'll get this one. It's the most expensive which means it should be accurate..

I grab it and walk over to the self checkout station but realize there's a sign that reads; MACHINES BROKEN !! GO TO REGISTER !!

Great. How awkward will this be?
My eye twitches as I shuffle over to the checkout in which a man around my age was standing.

"Hello, How are you?" He asks me as I awkwardly place the test on the counter.

"..Im good." I smile as he looks down at the test then looks back at me.

"Good.." He obviously avoids eye contact while placing the test in a bag with the receipt in it as well.

"Have a good rest of your day." He waves to me as I let out a faint 'You too' .

I bury the test in my purse and renter the hall. People are talking and all the men are in a different room, drinking and playing pool.

"There you are!!" Alya drags me into the crowd of girls swarming Ms. Bustier.

"Marinette! You're just in time, I was just about to open your gift!" She exclaims with a bright smile plastered across her face.

She goes through the tissue paper and pulls out the pajamas and stuffed animal that I picked.

"Marinette.. It's adorable." She stares in an 'awe' .

"Im glad you like it!" I cheer as she neatly folds the pajama set back and places it into the bag.

"Thank you so much, it's lovely." She hugs me and sits back in her seat.

"I'll be back, I need some fresh air." I whisper to Alya as she nods, not really paying attention.

Everywhere I turn SOMETHING baby related pops out at me. Why here? Why now?

I look down at the test, internally crying.

I walk back inside and to the bathroom where I stare at myself in the mirror. If this is actually happening, I'm doomed. I'll lose my future, my dignity, everything. Tears form in my eyes as I grasp onto my hair.

I unpack the test and look at it then look back up at myself. I grip it in my sweaty hand and walk into the stall with it.

Okay now I wait 15 minutes. In 15 minutes my life could literally change completely. I should probably tell Adrien..

"Girl are you in he-" Alya looks at me and then down at the test on the counter.

We make eye contact, her eyes completely widened in shock and disbelief.

"Oh my god." She whispers as I bite my lip, staring at the black tiled floor.

"Does he know?" I shake my head as she gives me a bear hug.

"Listen, whatever those results are im sure he'll love you no matter what and we with you the whole journey." She places her hand on the back of my head and rubs it trying to comfort me.

"Thank you." My voice cracks of fear.

I place the test in my pocket as me and Alya both nod while walking out the door.
She understands that I need time so I go in the car and pull out the test, it's flipped over.

Whatever is on the other side everything will be okay, Mari.

Everything will be,,, Okay.

I slowly flip it over...

...........

Two lines.