^.• Prom Queen of Sorrow •.^

My eyes widen from shock as I stare into the crowd, at Adrien who is just as confused as me.
The awkwardness and humiliation of standing next to my ex boyfriend being crowned 'Couple of Prom' is heavily visible to everyone in the room. I rescan the area once more to realize that a certain someone is smirking, but not with her typical evil smirk, it's more of a 'finally revenge on you' smirk coming from the one and only Lila.
My fists clench as I curtsy and rush off of the stage and out the gym's doors. I try calming myself down by taking deep breaths but I cant stop thinking of the forever humiliation this will hold.
I hear a set of footsteps coming in my direction and I turn back to see Adrien.

"Mari, are you okay?" Adrien sits by me with a genuine frown formed on his face.

"I'm fine, that was just embarrassing. I think Lila had something to do with it. " I stammer, crossing my arms.

Adrien gets visibly set back and looks at me as if I had just told him the sky were green.

"Why are you putting the blame on her? She was clapping for you too you know." Adrien looks absolutely disgusted as I begin to get more defensive. You can see the anger on my face as I hold nothing back.

"Adrien what? Why are you defending her? This is something she would do to try and get you back, isn't that obvious? She did it to make you mad at me somehow, you're falling in her trap." I raise my voice, sorrow taking me over more than anger.

"You don't know her the way I do! She's really nice despite the stuff she's done. Please just stop and go apologize to her." Adrien huffs and crosses his arms just like I did.

"Apologize to HER?!" I yell.

"I know you did not just come up to me and tell me to apologize to her when she has done nothing but torture me ever since getting here. You're an asshole for taking her side every time this has happened. This whole fight is her fault so open your eyes Adrien and notice that. We have been through so much just for you to believe her? She almost threw you off the Eiffel Tower god damn it!!" The fury fills me and unleashes as Adrien's eyes get wide. He gulps and deeply inhales.

"You believed me when she lied about me pushing her down the stairs and doing all that shit to her, what happened to that huh??" I growl as he finally snaps back.

"Marinette, this isn't you. Please just be quiet and let her live in peace for a day! Go complain to Luka i'm not listening anymore." He storms back inside as my rage turns into sadness, despair.

I cuff my hands and plop my face into them, feeling the hot tears fall onto my cold pale skin. The breeze sends a chill through my body as I stand up and begin to walk home. I should've known that he would take her side, a part of him still has feelings for her. What's so special about a lying piece of shit? If only you knew I was ladybug, maybe you'd love me more then.

Maybe.

I grasp onto my purse and walk the empty streets of Paris, with only the noise of cars and my thoughts to comfort me. Alya didn't check on me, Luka didn't check on me, the only person who did turned out to be a traitor once more.

If you knew I were something more than this clumsy, imperfect girl, would you finally love me Adrien?

Because im starting to lose hope.