•,¸,.·' Suspicious Tension '·.,¸,•

Great. It's lunchtime. Aka the time I have to face the crazy fangirls once more. Yippee.

I quickly grab my backpack and walk out to the schools courtyard. I sit under a tree hoping people can't see me.

I take a deep breath and look through my bag for my lunch, but it's not in here. I distinctly remember placing it in here last night.. Ugh, Probably just Lila again messing with me AGAIN.

I don't wanna risk going back into that bundle of chaos so i'll just starve to death I guess. I take off my jean jacket and place it on my lap.

"Hey Marinette." Adrien appears next to me with a lunch bag in his hand.

I know Adrien isn't the type of person to torment others about rumors so I twitch my head as a signal for him to sit next to me.

Adrien sat down next to me awkwardly as we sat in silence.

"Dont you usually eat with Lila at lunch?" I mess with the bracelet on my wrist as a sympathetic smile grows on his face.

"Well today I think its best for someone to comfort you, Lila will be fine." He hands me the lunch bag that has my name written on it.

I grip onto it as I realize that it's my lunch that was stolen from my bag.

My initial reaction was to hug Adrien and couldn't resist but to let that reaction take place.

"You're the only person who hasn't been rude to me today and acknowledged my feelings."

Worse rumors about me having sex with Chat went around too. People had called me a slut, a hoe, and more shit all in one day. All the pressure was put on two TEENAGERS with no thought on our feelings.

"Its going to be alright. By next week i'm sure this will be all over." Adrien held me into the hug for longer than I thought it would last.

I continue to quietly sob until the bell interrupts us. Both of us get up and go back into the school. We approach the classroom before being stopped by the devil. Cough, Lila Rossi.

"Adrien where were you at lunch?!" Lila turned her head toward me, cross armed.

"You." She growls as she slaps me.

"Go back to making out with Chat, This is MY boyfrend." Lila huffs as Adrien goes toward her..

"Lila what the hell was that for?!" Adrien holds back Lila so she couldn't have me in her reach.

"THAT BASTARD WILL PAY! FIRST THE
FURRY SO CALLED SUPERHERO AND NOW MY BOYFRIEND? HOMEWRECKER. " Lila growls as I let off a scold.

"Lila, Chat is NOT a furry first of all. Second of all, i'm not taking Adrien from you. He was bringing me my lunch that YOU stole! If you're so insecure of him having friends who are girls then that really says something about you." I go off as me and Adrien walk back into the classroom leaving Lila in the hallway, all alone.

After school and back at the bakery
Me and Adrien sneak up her staircase so my parents wouldn't hear us. There's a good chance Charlotte is already up there.

We open the room's hatch and crawl in as Charlotte sat there with a huge cut along her eye and a stern look on her face.

"Hey Adrien." Charlotte with a strict attitude ignoring me.

"Um, Hey Charlotte?" I sit down next to her as she pushed herself closer to Adrien.

"Charlotte, what happened to your eye?" I question as I examine it closely.

She sat in silence as flashbacks ran through her head:
"Mommy can I please have a play date with Sarah? Her mommy will drive me back before dinner!" Charlotte asked with a happy tone.

Her mother looked back at her as a mad look fell upon her face.

"Are you trying to run away?!" She hissed as charlotte gulped.

"N-No I just wanna hang out with her!" Charlotte whimpered as her mom looked down at the phone in her hand.

Her mom aggressively threw the phone at her right eye causing blood to drip on her carpet and down her face.

There was regret in her mothers eyes but she send charlotte to her room anyways.

"I fell." She murmured as I grow worried.

"Marinette, WHY DID YOU STEAL LADYBUGS BOYFRIEND!" Charlotte screamed.

"Ahah, i'm done with this shi- STUFF. Time to jump out the window. Lol." I chuckle out of annoyance and walk toward my window.

Adrien grabs my arm, preventing me to go to my window.

"He cheated on ladybug!" Charlotte complained as I sigh heavily.

"Ladybug and Chat Noir aren't dating. Me and Chat Noir aren't dating. RUMORS PEOPLE, R U M O R S. " I lose my mind as Charlotte tilts her head.

"Oh so you and chat didn't kiss?" She asked calmly.

I inhale then exhale, "Okay, We kissed but nothing else happened. We're just friends, It was platonic. "

"Friends don't kiss." Charlotte smirks.

...

"Anywho, back to your eye. Charlotte you can trust us you know, So can you please tell us what actually happened? We care about you and want to help." Adrien interferes looking at Charlotte's scarred eye.

Charlotte places her small hand on her eye and shuts it.

"Mommy threw something at me yesterday." Charlotte sighed as both me and Adrien gasp.

"Charlotte oh my god! Did she hurt you anywhere else?!" I quickly checked around her face and on her arms as Charlotte let out a small whimper.

"Honey don't worry. I'm going to make sure you don't have to go home tonight okay? Maybe it's best if you stay here." I sit Charlotte on my lap and hug her tightly.

╰┈➤ ❝ Project Babysit ❞जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें