⬪:˵ The Wonders Of Age 18 ˵:⬪

"Mari you can't keep ignoring him." Alya groans as I rub my bandaged arm.

"Oh yes I can and I will for as long as I live." I whisper, pushing my back against a wall making me non-visible to my peers passing by.

"He's the possible father of your possible child. The problem wont resolve itself, Mar." She hugs me, her tone nurturing , sweet. I huff out all of my scrambled emotions, this sucks.

"Okay now that you're more calm, let's go to class before we're late." She shuffles me through the hallway in a random hurry, passing my main classes. Wait which class are we going to?

We both pause in front of the English class's door. The class in which Adrien is in with me. Fun.

Before I can let out even just a MUMBLE, she pushes me through the door causing a scene.
I fall onto my stomach letting out a grunt while Alya falls right next to me.

"What an entrance, ladies." Miss Bustier looks at disappointed, crossing her arms.

"Oh my god, we are so sorry." I pick myself up and glance at Adrien.
His eyes are full of concern, is it cause I fell or cause I've been avoiding him?

"Its alright, mistakes happen just try and find a more efficient way to enter next time." She simply excuses the mishap and continues on with the lesson.

I avoid making any sort of contact with Adrien as I walk past his desk. I approach my seat just to see that Kim is laid across the whole bench. I sigh and scan the room for an open seat but the only one available is next to Adrien. I don't want to disrupt the class more than I already have so I hesitantly sit down.
I stare at the board biting my lip anxiously while Adrien stares at me. His expression is dull, I cant see it too well but what I can see in his eyes is how I feel too; terrified.

The bell rings. I scurry out of my seat and run out of the classroom to the garden so I can exit the school alone. A set of footsteps chases behind me, through the halls and out the door. My only option is to run. Run from my problems, run from him, run from the problem, run from everything. Why would I tell him? I'm so stupid damn it.
Adrien firmly grips my arm, preventing me to run and causing me to turn toward him.

"We need to talk." His voice breaks. Worry shivers through his words as I nod, tightly clenching my eyes shut so I don't have to look at him directly in the eyes, I feel too guilty.

Adrien releases his grip on my arm and holds my hand, walking us to our secret spot in the garden. We sit down on the grass, I grasp a chunk of it for comfort as he takes a deep breath.

"Listen, Marinette. Whatever the outcome is or whatever you explain to me right now, you'll always remain my princess no matter what. I'm not going anywhere and I don't plan on it either. I deeply believe you're the love of my life and that everything happens for a reason, if this is the universe's plan for us then I couldn't be happier. I'm crazy about you and I'll do whatever it takes to support you through this. Honestly, I'm actually joyful as well. Everything will be okay though. " A smile spreads across his face, a genuine one. His hand rises up to my face, wiping my fresh tears away.

"The truth is that I took a test and it was positive,, but I only took one and it's likely that it could've been inaccurate. I'm terrified, Adrien." I burst into a sob, crying into Adrien's shirt.

"We're gonna get through this. In the end everything will turn out okay, but right now we need to go meet with Charlotte at your house." He holds me tightly, rubbing my back and trying to calm me down.

I begin to calm my breathing, before nodding as an indication that I'm ready. I physically can't talk, I'm too drained and my body won't let me.

At home

Me and Adrien make our way up the stairs and into my bedroom where Charlotte sits on the bed, smiling.

"Yay! You're finally here!" She jumps up and down on the bed as Adrien picks her up. He places her on the floor as she runs to me and hugs onto my leg.

"Hey darling." I smile patting her head and yawning.

"Hi! I'm gonna go get stuffies off of your bed." Charlotte claps her hands out of joy and makes her way up to my bed. I love her so much, she's so well-behaved and cute.

"What's this?" She holds up the positive pregnancy test I had taken two nights ago that I fell asleep staring at last night. She hops down the ladder and examines it carefully.

"Wait,, this is a pregnancy stick! You're having a baby!" Charlotte dramatically gasps while putting it closer to her face, tilting her head side to side admiring the positive answer.

"Charlotte, you CANNOT tell ANYONE okay?" I press my teeth down onto my acrylic nail, how can this be happening??

"Is it your baby Adrien or Chat Noir's?" Charlotte's eyes light up of pure curiosity and interest.

Adrien awkwardly raises his eyebrows and grits his teeth, "I'm the dad yeah." He runs his hands through his hair as if he got reintroduced to the fact of me POSSIBLY being pregnant.

"She could be like my sister!" She cheers with enthusiasm, causing both me and Adrien to smile a bit.

"And how do you know they'll be a she?" I cross my arms with a smirk as she pauses.

"Well it's gonna be a girl, I don't care what you say." Charlotte snaps back at me as my eyes widen with shock.

What a long, long, loooooooong life I have waiting for me.