⁀➷ ˖˚₊ My Baby. ⁀➷ ˖˚₊

8 1/2 MONTHS IN

"We're getting this." Carly holds up a pink butterfly onesie with a cheer. My recently bonded best friend's purple and black spilt-dyed hair bouncing as she cheers.

"Yeah get it!!" Charlotte smiled brightly, clinging onto the bar of my shopping cart with a hopefully pleading look in her eye.

"Don't you think we got enough clothes from the baby shower?" I examine the adorable onesie made for a newborn that's in front of me.

"No way!" My daughter rocks the cart back in fourth with a protest.

"That's not your decision to make missy." I laugh, rubbing my belly.

Jeez, these have been the most eventful two years of my life. I have a 7 year old daughter and a second one on the way and i'm only 20.

"There's my queen and princesses!" Adrien approaches us with 6 different bags, all being HUGE.

"Adrien what the hell did you get?!" I scoff as he giggles.
"I got everyone a little something." He winks, kissing me on the cheek.
"Mommy you swore!!" Charlotte dramatically drops her jaw in shock.

Adrien is the best boyfriend ever. My parents love him, he's patient, he's caring, and he genuinely loves me. Ugh, every time I go over the patient trait of his I get deja vu to when we told my parents about my pregnancy.

2 MONTHS IN

"Mom and dad, me and Adrien have news." I nervously gripped Adrien's hand with a tired smile.

"Is everything okay?" Mom worriedly shot us a look of gloom. I fiddled with the pregnancy test under the blanket that covered my arms.

"I..." I turned to Adrien for some form of encouragement, he did a slight nod with a comforting smile.

"I'm pregnant."

Their expressions dropped, Mom's hand rushing to hold it over her mouth while dad's eyes twitched trying to process what I said.

"You got my daughter pregnant?!" Dad scowled at Adrien as I quickly hugged onto him in an act of defense.

"Dad stop!" I cried, tears soaking into Adrien's moss green button up shirt.

"You are too young, Marinette. Adrien and you aren't even married and I don't know if you're even someone I can trust with my daughter." I quaked, tears continuously blocking out my vision.

"Mr. Dupain, I appreciate your concern but just because me and her are young doesn't mean we won't make good parents. Marinette will do college online, I'll continue to model, and I'll buy us a house with my inherited money. Sir, I love Marinette more than life itself and if you can't accept that then im sorry but i'm not leaving her side." Adrien rambled while looking into dad's eyes, he was confident, fierce. I didn't know how he managed to do it, but he did.
Dad was left speechless, searching for a response but being left with nothing. Mom just continued to sit in shock.

"As long as you guys have a roof over your head and food on the table, I don't think I could be happier." Mom finally let out, wiping a tear from her mystical blue eyes catching dad off guard. I sniffled, jumping into her open arms and thanking her profusely.

END OF FLASHBACK

We begin to walk to the store's checkout, talking and laughing about stupid past memories. A sharp pain hits my stomach, causing me to hug my torso.

"Babe are you okay?" Adrien drops his bags to support my body and avoid any chance of me falling.

"I think I'm going into labor." I groan, gripping his arm in worry. His expression drops, handing Carly his wallet and swooping me up into his arms and holding me bridal style.

"Keep Charlotte occupied for a few hours, we'll call you." Adrien hurries out of the store and escorts me to the car.

"M'lady, the nearest hospital is only 5 minutes away hang in there." He carefully places me in the passengers seat our car and loosens my seatbelt. He gets into the drivers seat and begins to drive at the fastest allowed speed limit, nervously mumbling gibberish to himself.

"We're gonna meet our baby girl soon." I speak up, breaking the silence and trying to distract myself from the agitating pain dwelling up inside of me.

"I know, I can't wait. Im the luckiest man alive." Adrien begins to daze.

"Do you think your dad will ever meet her?" I sigh, looking down at my swelled up stomach.

"I don't know, I don't even know if I want him to meet her."

3 MONTHS IN (NO POV)

"Mr. Agreste, you have a visitor." The speaker blared into Gabriel Agreste's jail cell.
He was placed in a medium sized unit for multiple crimes he committed as Hawkmoth AND Gabriel. He was involved in a scandal that wasn't uncovered until a few months prior which extended his sentence to 7 years.
His cell was opened by one of the unit's guards  who quickly placed Gabriel in handcuffs to escort him to the visitors section of the prison. The metal doors creaked open to reveal a white room with windows coming from the visitors side and chairs for the prisoners.
Gabriel took a seat only to notice his son staring at him through the thick glass window.

"Adrien." Gabriel was taken back, causing him to have sheepishly picked up the phone placed on the desk in front of him.

"Listen, I don't even know why im gonna tell you this because I will never let you near my family again but.." He paused, gulping back his words but then exhaling them out.

"Marinette is pregnant with my baby." The words calmly flew out of Adrien's mouth while Gabriel stared at him in utter shock.

"You're not fit to be a father." He crossed his arms, eyes quivering of shock. Adrien formed a fist with his hand that was shivering out of built up rage.

"You can't tell me if im fit to be a father when you're the one whose child is heavily traumatized because of YOU. You were never there for me and you think you know every little thing about parenting?! I'm going to make an amazing father and I swear on my life that I will never EVER treat my child the way you treated me!" Adrien yelled, which caused eyes to turn in his direction.

"Fuck you, Gabriel." Adrien muttered under his breath before getting up and stomping away.

END OF FLASHBACK

"You can do it baby!!" Adrien cheers, squeezing my hand as I aggressively push every ounce of strength toward my lower body. Screams escape my mouth as the pain only intensifies by each passing second.

"One more push!!" A doctor holds up my shaky legs. I gain up the strength and push one last time at the same time a crying comes into hear.
A baby girl with peach-fuzz blonde hair is placed into my arms causing memories to come rushing back. Memories of how I got here, how everything changed so fast, how I turned out the way I did. Looking back on all of them gives me comfort, a comfort in which will never not be enough. I went from ordinary clumsy girl Marinette to whatever I am now, and whatever that 'whatever' is, all I know is that I'm finally free. The weights of every little thing in my life are gone in this moment, I'm finally happy.
Adrien plants a kiss on our beautiful baby's head. Our tiny, adorable, responsibility.

And to think it all started from a babysitting project.

..

Project Babysit.

fin.