birthdays and beatings

31st july 1987

The twin's seventh birthday appeared much more quick then harry had wanted. He wanted to find atleast something about creature inheritance before he got one. But alas he had failed. The potters had kept an seriously accusing eye on him as if he would be performing blood rituals when alone.

"Mom when will be go to gringotts ?" Charles whined jumping on the plump chair. "I want to how which animal I am getting."

Harry irked to correct his excited twin that creature inheritance wasn't getting a animal but remembered the painfull experience he had went through when he had dared to correct charles before this.

"Just wait baby, let your uncles arrive with " the fire in floo place lit up and three figures stepped out, "with dumbledore."

Harry stiffened. Potters were one thing, dumbledore was other. He really disliked the old man. Whenever dumbledore visited, the days got worse and potters payed more attention to him. Totally negative attention. And not to mention the weird tingly feeling he felt in his brain as if someone was poking him with a wand and how nauseous he felt everytime dumbledore performed a health check on him.

"Yayayay ! We can go now." Charles jumped off the sofa and ran to sirius and remus hugging them while harry was standing stiffly on the side, eyes casted down.

"Just one minute my boy, I still have to do a health check on harry." Harry felt his chest heavening. Oh no, anything but that, "Harry my boy if you must."

There were some moments when harry wanted to run and hide, make himself so small that nobody could ever find him specially moments like this. He hated this.

"Harry" james voice was stern and harry nodded quickly paddling back to the other room and took a seat on the chair because never had Dumbledore done anything in front of Remus and Sirius, these checkups were mostly done in hush hush manner.

"Harry my boy, you must understand that this is necessary." With great blue twinkling eyes that could make anyone feel safe, the old headmaster started to run various test and spells which made harry nauseous and most uncomfortable.

"You are done my boy." The man flashed him another smile but it only made bile rise in harry's throat, how can the man be happy when harry was in pain ? How could anyone else be happy while at the same time they inflict pain on him ? They weren't this happy when charlus hurts himself.

"Can we finally go now ?" Charles was hanging on his father's back now, pouting at its finest. Maybe he didn't get the beautiful jeans .... no.... Genes yes genes from his parents that's why they hated him.

"Yes my boy. You can go now." Dumbledore flashed a grandfatherly smile to the people in the room and floo-ed away leaving the 'family' alone.

"Lets go !" James exclaimed like charles and they strutted off to the floo followed by lily, big identical grins on their faces.

"Come on harry." Remus called to him before james could floo away with his precious charlie, "its your birthday too, we have to known your inheritance too."

"No need moony." James flashed the smile he always did but his hazel eyes turned sour the second, he saw harry who felt the need to hide once again. "Dumbledore already checked harry's inheritance. You know when he was checking for power."

Remus looked from james to harry who had his eyes fixed on the floo place and sighed. "If you say so james."

Among them, the sole learner of occumulency knew that something was going on behind the happy family image and the walls of potter manner. And most importantly he didn't knew if he could improve the conditions.

****

26th december 1989 [potter manor]

Harry was stealing food from the kitchens because his parents had 'forgotten' to provide him with any food all day. He only found a half eaten plate of sphagetti, lily marie potter's one of the best dishes. His mouth watered at the sight of food and his stomach growled and he suddenly remembered the fact that he hadn't had dinner previous night too.

Well two days with no food then. He slowly and secretly picked the plate and decided to make a beeline to his room, the smallest in whole of potter manor even when most of the room's were empty.

The smell of food was so overwhelming that he wanted to forget all about secrecy and empty the dish right there.

"Oh look" he froze. Charles voice was taunting and extremely happy like he had gotten the new prank set he was asking for and harry knew what his twin was doing next. "MOM ! LOOK HARRY IS STEALING MY FOOD."

As expected the two potter adults appeared at the doorway looking like red angry hippogriffs. But harry didn't take his eyes of his twin. Till now he was just jealous of his brother, charles always treated him as his inferior, bullying him pushing him away at events but harry hoped there was a small amount of love in there. Because he had some love for his brother in his heart but suddenly he couldn't find that small amount to wipe his anger that was directed toward his brother. Instead there was a small spark of fire that was encouraging the rage and harry knew what it was; hate.

"Don't glare." Lily potter shrieked as if harry had burnt them with his eyes. Harry didn't budge. Charles potter was basking in the attention and love his parents were showering him with.

"How dare you steal your brothers food ?" James sneered and took a tantalizing step toward the small boy. Harry quickly removed his gaze from his brother and looked down making sure to take a step back.

He had expected the slap. But he hadn't expected himself to fell down, the plate of sphagetti he had managed to keep safe was snatched from his small hands and then the kicks came. He counted them just to distract himself. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. Seven. Eight.

Oh he was going turn eight his next birthday.

A chuckle mixed with a sob left him. The boy-who-lived. Colourful bullshit it was. He was named boy-who-lived to protect charles. He was made a target so charles could be bought up and trained in shadows to defeat lord voldemort. He was nothing but a cover, a worthless human who his parents won't think twice before tossing away.

A sudden pain flared up in his chest and he opened his eyes to see if he had been kicked there. But there was no one there. His parents had their fun and left him to cry on the ground. He closed his eyes not liking the wet tears that were falling even after his attempt to stop them.

The burning pain didn't go away, it rose spreading to his back, his spine felt like it was being twisted and then it went to his head which felt like it was going to either melt or explode into million pieces.

Someone was screaming and crying. He placed his hands on his ears to silent the scream as it was making his head throb but the pain only increased.

"Shut up brat" he barely heard james potter and soon he was floating mid air and next second he was tossed on a hard surface only increasing the amount of pain.

Somewhere in between he understood that he was the one screaming and he couldn't tune it out no matter what. Sometimes the pain went down leaving his body sore and once a elf served him bread and water and once even a bowl of porridge but he soon learnt that he couldn't stomach the food without vomiting all over.

His body was fighting against two things, he could feel something rise in his body and then get suppressed. The rise was strong but the suppressor was stronger. At that moment, he wished that he would die. He wanted to feel what dead felt; nothing. He wanted to go numb. He hadn't committed a crime so he shouldn't be punished in afterlife. He could only chuckle as the daily prophet first page flashed in his mind.

"Boy-who-lived dead ?" Or "boy-who-lived now boy-who-died ?"

He chuckled one last time before he lost consciousness.

I am confused. Vote please

Drarry or haphne