Slytherins and dorms

"Ah a half blood." The prefect sneered looking at harry in disgust "and that too of a potter."

He had just stepped into the beautiful dorm of slytherins, the magic in the air was calling out to him caressing and comforting him and he was so much abused at home that he was immune to these petty little pureblood insults.

"We slytherin are a united front, we have our differences between these walls of our dorms but outside in the castle, we are one and we are superior. People call us biased, they call us struck up and discriminating." Harry didn't understand the sudden change in the prefects behaviour. "But they are the one discriminating us. Even if some of us are truely heir of families of dark, some even served the dark lord. They don't care which family you belonged to. In their eyes if you are a slytherin, you are a death eater in building. You cant change their opinions so dont change yours, don't let them walk on you. If you have any problem, you can ask for help, don't fret, the elder Slytherins will help you and if you are still unstatisfied, our head of house professor snape will always have time for you."

"Exactly, miss carrow." Said a very silky smooth voice that made harry's sprout goosebumps all over. Like every first year he turned and there was the professor from staff table with the most unhealthy skin, black greasy hair and long black robes. The man held his head high, "and for being a slytherin, you have to follow rules, 1) never ever be late to anywhere. We Slytherins price and praise discipline, if you are late, you will be punished accordingly. 2) dont be out during curfews, the rule is made for your own safety. 3) dont do what you are not supposed to, I won't act well if some professor pulls you to me for misconduct. 4) dont get caught untill and unless its me who is catching you, I dont like taking points from my own house. 5) I want everyone working hard. No one and by that I mean no one should ever get a troll, you all have to get passing marks even if your hand's worn out. Am I clear ?"

People nodded together.

"Words please if you haven't forgotten the very first rule." His dark onyx eyes roamed over the head of students and if harry was mistaken it stayed over him a second too long.

"Yes professor." Every student sang together.

"Good. Now the prefects will show you your dorms." Harry turned quickly to the prefect not wanting to be under that threatening gaze of the professor "not you potter."

Was he the sole one to be born with bad luck ? Turning he did a mistake and looked directly in those black tunnel like eyes. Merlin, he gulped, if was slaughtered today, no one even would even weep for him.

"Follow me. The headmaster has asked for your presence." With that the man turned back, robes flying behind him dramatically, harry looked at his worn robes and tsked. He too will learn the charm the professor was using.

Walking through the corridor, he felt the magic around him shimmer warmly and thought whether people too experienced this or not.

"Chocolate frogs." Professor snape spat the password at gargoyle as if he had swallowed a mouth full of acid and it had burnt him all over. His onyx eyes told harry that now he had to go alone.

Harry gave a crooked smile, he need to do this, "sir, can't - can't you accompany me ?" I dont want to loose a limb, was silent plead.

The man looked as if someone had slapped him silly. "I would rather not indulge myself in your family matter."

"You are my head of house professor, a child of your house is asking for help. Please professor." He made himself look miserable. James won't try to remove his limbs if there was someone outsider with him, right ?

Wrong. The man had silently followed him up the stairs and as soon as the door had opened, the slap he had received was the most painfull one ever. His head hitted against the stone wall and he barely steadied himself when his father caught his collar and dragged him in front of the headmaster's desk and placed the sorting hat on his head.

He didn't object.

"What do you want albus ?" It was the spring hat that objected.

"The parents of the wards want you to sort the child out once again." dumbledore was there, behind the desk, blue eyes shining probably sucking on his favourite lemon drops.

The hat remained silent for a minute, "my words are final albus or do you have doubts on the magic of hogwarts and its founders ?"

The hat was taken off him and he was once again picked up by the collar, a few inches above the ground. "You" james potter barked angrilly, "you dare destroy potter's name. Getting sorted into slytherin what were you thinking ? Eh ?"

"James please put him down. If the hat doesn't what to help us, we can do something different." Dumbledore's grandfatherly voice broke the tension and fixed themselves behind them where severus snape was looming like the dungeon bat.

Harry once again felt nausea rise, what was he thinking ? Off coarse james potter wont care if there was someone in the room, he had only asked for his demise making a professor witness of his abuse.

"What professor ?" And harry was lowered on the ground, not gently tho.

"We give him a personal room away from slytherin dormitory. And a password so that no body else can enter" dumbledore's smile was its finest and so was his twinkling blue eyes. "I believe harry potter wont provide anyone with the password"

"He won't." Lily was the one spoke in her firm voice and then directed her glare at harry, "right ?"

Harry nodded a yes.

"Professor snape can show him the room, I believe, is that okay, severus my boy ?" Everyone turned to look at severus snape who looked bored out of his world, "off coarse headmaster."

James potter sneered at the potion master who hauled the fallen boy up by his arms and pulled him out passing a very excited charles who stopped momentrially to glare at harry before rushing in exclaiming, "mum ! Dad !"

"What creature do you have ?" Snape looked bored like seeing abuse was the most common thing he had ever witnessed.

"None. They say I am human." He answered rubbing the side of his head, could his skull bone break that easily because damn that was hurting.

"They say ?" Snape raised a single eyebrow. "You haven't gotten it checked ?"

"Father said that that dumbledore told him I have no creature. Rest followed it." He answered deciding to leave his head, he could feel the slow burning in the pit of stomach returning and once again he hadn't eaten anything from the morning.

"Here is your room." Snape stopped abruptly in front of a large potrait of a girl in damp yellow robes reading a book. "What will be the password ?"

"Badger professor " the girl answered in a sweet posh tone and the potrait flipped open like a gate. Snape entered first followed by harry closely who jaw dropped at the size of room. "Is this a bedroom ?"

"Did you live in a broom closet potter ?" His last name was spat in a disrespectful manner. At the moment he didn't care.

"How will I get to classes sir ? I dont know where classes are."

"Find the great hall and follow the other first years. Now if we are done here ... I believe you won't get yourself killed" he didn't knew what it meant but he didn't dare ask as the man turned on the point and walked out as always his robes billowing behind him.