past

"So how are you ?" Hadrian asked taking the seat beside his dad who had been advised to not use occulency and legimans for a few days. "Father has gone missing"

His dad who had been avoiding his eyes snapped his head toward harry before sighed and nodded looking everywhere but at him. "I am sorry you had to see that."

"That was nothing dad" he extended his hand placed on his dad's knees and thanked merlin that his dad didn't flinch. "I know you have gone through worse. Both mentally and physically and I can tell that memory wasn't a shred of it "

"It was." His dad breathed and harry frowned, "that was the day I lost my son and both my mates"

Seeing hadrian's shocked expression, severus smiled weakly, "oh yes. You still don't know the whole story." Then he gulped and placed his hand on hadrian's that was on his knees.

"Your mother had bellatrix were best friends. They didn't knew each other till bella became a death eater and your mother saved her life once. I had met both of your parents when I was fourteen and your mother cradled me as if I was a baby" he chuckled at the memory, "so as soon as I graduated, I took the position of death easter but I wasn't marked because your mothe dhad strictly told your father that if he tried to mark us, we would leave"

"When did they both met ?" Harry asked. It felt nice being a child whose parents told him stories instead of throwing him to the walls. A good change.

"Well that isn't particularly my story to tell but I am going to do it any way" severus smiled and it was a real smile, "when t- your father graduated he went in search, to understand magic better, to find about magic to the point where none had. He somehow found out that the ravenclaw diadom was in albania"

"And it was right where he met your mum wearing the diadom and prancing around. Your father being who he was decided to kill reina and take the article he had been searching for. Thankfully they were both mates but your father didn't wanted mates. A problem your mother solved with a deal, she said that she would give the diadom if your father went on dates with her whole month"

Harry snorted,  if wasn't anything funny bit imagining his father going on dates like normal humans didn't sat right with his brain.

"So when ton returned back, he not only had ravenclaw diadom but also lady ravenclaw with him. Your mother was the best witch anybody had ever seen and finding that she was shadow phoenix was shock for me because I didn't knew they existed" his eyes glazed over a little in happines, "when bella found out she was pregnant, your mother na dher were on cloud nine, four months into pregnancy and bella appointed your mother as godmother. Your mother was happy but the longing inside her increased."

"She wanted a child." He told harry, "but t-your father didn't because children were just a burden and were of no use. And I was barely 21 so I didn't had any preference but changing diapers weren't in my list."

"Your mother said either we give her a baby or she was going to find another man to have a baby with." Severus grinned and squeezed harry's hand, "it was tough for her and us. Everytime we tried, she couldn't get pregnant and we suspected it was because of her abilities and your father dabbling in darkest of magic"

"When she found out she was pregnant, she had wrapped her hand around us ans sobbed to no end. We were happy because she was happy. It was when we heard your heartbeat for first time did we were both kicked into what we call parenthood." He chuckled as if reliving the moment, "it was your father who suggested designing your room and he did most of the works, he didn't show ut but you feel the joy resisting off him."

"Your mother had a tough pregnancy but when you were born, you were so small and delicate looking that both me and your father refused to pick you up because we thought we would break you, your mother's words were, 'severus hold him like you hold your potion ingredients'. That day your after presented us with the idea of bond vows, a kind of marriage just magical"

"It was very much surprising. So your birthday became day of two most important events of my life." But then his smile turned sour and unreal, "it was beatrix's - bellatrix's daughter's first birthday. So she had placed bea in your mother's care and she hid with both of you in that her favourite lestrange farms, I was told to stand gaurd and your mother finding the moment of secrecy told me her secret."

He gulped, "her detroiting health wasn't because if complications or her abilities but a blood curse -something she didn't wanted to be transferred to you, so she was taking it. I had lost my temper because how could she hide that from us, she told me to get your father so she could explain him that too." He closed his eyes again, "when I and your father returned to the house, it was ablaze. Your father quickly bella while he tried to run in the house to protect you and everyone. We tried to subdue the fire but it was magical fire - we couldn't control it"

Harry squeezed his hand, "your father disappeared somewhere in between and when I found him - you saw what happened." harry nodded. "Thankyou"

"For what ?" Harry frowned.

"For letting us say our goodbyes"