good or bad

Harry was grumpy as he took a seat at the back away from slytherin who were righter avoiding him like a plague or sneering at him. Professor mcgongall aant there in the class, even half of ravenclaw weren't there and those who were there had a book popped open.

He took out his textbook and wand and closed his eyes trying to remember the soothing dream he had. He had dreamt about lush green field, he had once visited with rest of potter family but it was different. There was someone standing there, not too much far away but whenever he took a step towards, she would disappear only to appear five steps away.

Her smile, it was so beautiful and encouraging. Her blonde hair were flowing freely in the air and her eyes were so green that it could outshine the whole world.

"Mr. Potter." He was startled awake by a stern voice, "please no falling asleep in my class." Professor mcgongall was there looking at hime with disapproving eyes. Nothing new here.

"Sorry professor." With his head hung low, he listened to everything mentioned by the transfiguration professor.

Picking up his wand, he glared at the match stick. Pointing his wand, he muttered the incantation but nothing happened except for slight chest burn.

"Try without a wand"

Startled he looked around for the source of voice. No one was there. But he decided to follow and placed his wand down focusing on the match (and totally not glaring)

"You can do it."

He could. The match slowly sharpened in front of his eyes and then started turning into silver. The burn in his chest increased so much that he had to rub the area to try and get some relief.

He quickly picked the wand up just so people hadn't seen him doing everything wandlessly.

"Mr. Potter !" Mcgonagall exclaimed suddenly and he dropped his wand in surprise, "5 points to slytherin. Not even miss granger had done this fast."

The burning in his chest decreased a little and he picked his wand up thinking about why was he so jumpy today and who was the voice whispering in his ear, was he going mad ? Or was his madness starting to show ?

He had no answer.
****

To his st the first class of potions was with gryffindors. Charles sneered at him before taking a seat next to ron weasley. Harry as always at alone. Snape sneered at the both their names while taking the roll call.

"Potter!" said Snape suddenly. "What would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

Several people had flinched at the tone and harry was delighted to see he was the potter on receiving hand.

"I don't know, sir," said charles, turing red as his hair.

Snape's lips curled into a sneer.
"Tut, tut - fame clearly isn't everything."

"Let's try again. Potter, where would you look if I told you to find me a bezoar?"

Hermione stretched her hand high into the air as it would go without her leaving her seat.

"I don't know, sir."

"What is the difference, Potter, between monkshood and wolfsbane?"

At this, Hermione stood up, her hand stretching toward the dungeon ceiling

"I don't know," said Charles quietly. "I think Hermione does, though, why don't you try her?"

A few people laughed but all the slytherins merely glared at him

"Sit down," snape snapped at Hermione and turned to harry, "Can you answer the questions, mr. Potter ?"

Harry knew what he was doing, he was checking if harry was anything like charles.

"yes sir. asphodel and wormwood make a sleeping potion, known as the Draught of Living Death. A bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. As for monkshood and wolfsbane, they are the same plant, which also goes by the name of aconite."

"5 points to slytherin." Snape muttered in barely audible voice. "Well why aren't you noting that down."

"5 points will be taken from gryffindor potter for your cheek and another 5 because you couldn't care enough to open your books before class "

Its safe to say that a owl would be leaving hogwarts today and arriving at potter manor filled with complaints.

*****

Harry wasn't expecting a letter as soon as this one came. He was siting at slytherin table having breakfast on his own as the slytherins still looked disgusted with him when suddenly a white snowy owl with black on edge of feather flew down and stood in front of his plate.

"For me ?" He asked trying to control his fears, the owl merrily hitted in response. Dusting his hands, he plucked the small letter from the owls clutches.

Hello harry,
We know you weren't expecting this, so no need to reply, we know you got sorted into slytherin.
So take this owl as a accepting gift, we dont care what house you got sorted into, we love you the way you are.
J̶u̶s̶t̶ d̶o̶n̶t̶ b̶e̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶ m̶a̶l̶f̶o̶y̶'̶s̶ b̶r̶a̶t̶.̶
̶love you,
Moony and padfoot.

He neatly folded the letter and placed it in his bag, his very first letter and that too signed with love. He was sure the grin on his face screamed insane but he didn't care at the moment.

"Hello love, looks like you are mine now." He coo-ed at the owl picking up a bacon and feeding it to the owl who took it quickly with a grateful hoot.

"How about your name ? Hmmm hedwig ?" The owl hooted once again, "its a bit silly, I know, I read somewhere in my book, do you like it ?"

The owl in question answered by affection ally nipping on his finger. "Then how about you go to owllry on top tower, several other owls are there too, I will later come by with a thank you letter." The owl gave a last hoot picked up a bacon between her beak and flew out of the window.

Maybe life wasn't that bad.

****