task

"Harry potter."

Green eyes shot opened at those words and he stood up abruptly. All he could feel was glares. Like from everywhere.

Did he cared ? Nope. He strode directly toward the raised podium and through the doors where the other champions were.

He ignored the three champions and stood in the corner like a scared mouse who was going to trampled.

He learnt that if he left the tournament he was going to lose his magic; well he would rather die.

Becoming centre of glares from other three house, harry had gained something, slytherin didn't glared at home every now and then..

Spending most of the time in library, he never noticed when the date of first task appeared out of the blue.

His breathing hitched a little as he was met with a great magical sight. He was centre of focus of hundred of witches and wizards. And there was the Horntail, at the other end of the enclosure, crouched low over her clutch of eggs, her wings half-furled, her evil, yellow eyes upon him, a monstrous, scaly,
black lizard, thrashing her spiked tail, leaving yard-long gouge marks in the hard ground. The crowd was making a great deal of noise, but whether friendly or not, Harry didn't know or care.

He knew dragons had ancient magic that protected any magical cruse or spell seep though its hide. The reason dragon hide cloths were very expensive, durable and over lasting. A single heartstring of dragon was used as core of wand that helped a wizard concentrate all his magic. So someone who underestimated a dragon was a fool in harry's eyes.

He took a tentative step forward and the dragon growing angrier by it trashed her tail in dangerous manner, showing her viscous fangs.

Remembering that he had his wand, he placed it on the ground and raised his hand in surrender motion. There were several gasps from the crowd.

The dragon looking very alarmed kept its yellow eyes on harry estimating his every move. The more harry tools steps the more stiff the dragon got. When harry was in its person all bubble it growled and attacked scratching harry's shoulder daring and taunting harry to attack like the dragon thought he intended to.

Harry didn't budge, he took several more steps, his shoulder bleeding profusely but he didn't dare drop his hands. The dragon huffed a puff of smoke from its nostrils when harry got near her skull.

He placed his hands just above the snout and then realised the bit of magic that would connect the dragon and him. Temporarily but enough.

"I dont want harm you or your eggs queen of reptiles."

"Then what do you intend to little human ?"

"I just need the golden egg placed in your nest, my lady, the egg that is fake, I wont harm your eggs, you can check on your own and if I am wrong, I will be your prey to claim."

He knew dragons weren't in cannibalism but he knew they loved hunts, enjoyed it. So in simple words, he had asked for his death sentence.

Th dragon once again puffed a bit of smoke before wrapping its spiky tail around harry keeping him in place and then checking for her eggs.

Harry felt her surprise and then she unwrapped her tail, stepping back and letting harry pick up the golden egg and walk away.

There was silence as people still gaped at the scene. Harry smirked. Well magic bitch.

"Potter over here." The egg was taken from his hands and then he was being dragged to the tent to get his shoulder checked. It was a pretty good rip and if it was madam pomphrey and he himself, he wwas sure there would be a scar running down from his shoulder blade to hip bone.