Brotherhood of The Five

Chapter One

I walked behind my mom and brother into our large mansion of a house. The same house I haven't lived in since I left for college. And the same house my brother, Tyler didn't stay in last night since he was in the hospital after being shot by a vampire hunter at the funeral for a pastor and vampire hating council members who died in an explosion. "Who the hell are you two?" Tyler asked angrily.

"Tyler, it's okay. They're here for your protection," my mother, Carol, said. I looked to see two guys standing around.

"More deputies?" Tyler sighed while I shut the front door. I was still trying to come to terms with what has happened the last few days before I returned, which was this morning when my mother picked me up from the airport before rushing to the hospital to pick up Tyler. I knew about everything else supernatural that has happened the last few years.

"Not exactly," someone answered. Someone with a british accent that made my heart skip a beat. What a sexy voice. I looked to see a blonde guy come out from the living room with a few guys following after him.

"They're hybrids," Tyler figured out. Tyler was a hybrid too. And he hated a hybrid named Klaus. I'm gonna assume this is Klaus since Tyler has stated that Klaus was british, hence the accent this hot guy had. He was a bit blonde but his hair was darkening into brown. He had pretty blue eyes and a voice to die for.

"I was halfway to Chicago when I heard you were attacked. I had hoped to leave Mystic Falls for good, but duty calls," Klaus said.

"It's nice to know you care."

"I don't," Klaus replied. "I should have killed you for the little stunt you and your friends pulled. Stopping my heart, leaving me in a coffin to rot."

"Yeah, well, you used my body as an escape hatch, then kissed my girlfriend. Maybe we're even," Tyler replied.

"Not even close," Klaus said, his voice a mere whisper it seemed but I could hear him loud and clear. "But you hybrids are a dying breed. I can't make more of you, and I won't have anyone taking liberties with the ones I have left. Consider them your new body guards."

Then Klaus left. I turned to Tyler with a pure look of confusion. What the hell was going to happen? I didn't want to know. Things have been crazy the last few years and I didn't think I wanted to get involved with any of this but he's my brother and I will always be there for him no matter what.

***

I stood in my room, looking around at it. I had just spent all morning unpacking some stuff. It was good to be back home, but I knew that things were going to get messy and soon. And I was okay with being involved if it helped my brother stay safe.

I walked downstairs into the study to find Tyler. He was in the study earlier with this girl, Hayley, who helped my brother break his sire bond to Klaus. I met her about twenty minutes ago when she first arrived. "Where's Tyler?" I asked her.

"He went to answer the door," she answered and I nodded. I sat down while Hayley looked around.

"You're a new face?" Someone said. That voice! Klaus.

"And I take it from your accent you're an old one. Klaus," Hayley replied, turning around to face the hybrid. Klaus stepped into the study to spot me sitting on the couch. I knew he was talking to Hayley since he could see her from the doorway. I have yet to meet him though so I might as well get it done now.

"My reputation precedes me. Hopefully not all bad," Klaus said.

"A little bad," Hayley responded while I observed. I wasn't one for confrontation. I was a good girl. I tended to be shy too. But I would do anything for my family or people I cared about in general.