Home Town Comfort

~So this is kind of a filler chapter until we get back to some real action. But again the story is coming to a close 😢 The only other book I'm working on is also coming to an end. It's starting in TVD S1 and I'm already preparing to take the character through season 2 and the plan is also for season 3 even after that. It's called "Kenzie Gilbert: The Mute twin" I swear it gets better and really cute. And--Spoiler alert-- she's not mute the whole book, just the first third of it, lol. Check it out. Give it a chance. Read up to the latest chapter. And thanks if you do. Now enjoy some more Klaus ⤵⤵

Chapter Thirty-Six

It's been a whole month without our baby. Klaus was sleeping in bed next to me, recovering from the full moon last night. I caressed his face covered in facial hair. He was growing a beard, to lazy and unmotivated to shave it off. But it was okay, I liked it.

I cuddled closer to him, kissing his cheek. Our relationship has been rocky these four weeks. The first few days we locked ourselves in the bedroom together, grieving. Tears and kisses all day everyday. I didn't even leave to eat. Then after awhile my hunger got the best of me and Elijah began fetching blood from the hospital for me.

Klaus and I were each other's support, spending all of our time together. We weren't allowed to leave the house anyways. We needed to keep up the act of grief and mourning. That and my hunger would probably get the best of me. After the first two weeks, I think Klaus and I decided we needed to grieve on our own.

Klaus spends every day in his study, painting. Only problem is he gets too frustrated to finish and destroy every canvas he starts, always finding something about his painting he didn't like. And in his free time he spends with a bottle in his hand. We haven't spoken much in the last three days and it was driving me insane.

Last night though he was in so much pain. He was in his room and only allowed Elijah in. Both of them insisting I stayed away. That night for the first time this week he joined me in bed, physically exhausted. He was going to be hungry when he woke up. The 11 rings that were made took power from his blood. So he was going to need more to replenish.

"Morning," Klaus croaked.

"Hi, baby," I whispered softly, rubbing my hand up and down his bare chest.

"I miss you," he said, his eyes still close.

"I miss you too," I mumbled. He opened his eyes and lowered his head to kiss me. It was the first kiss we've shared in 2 days now. I moaned softly and kissed back harder. He moved to climb on top of me and when we pulled away, he lowered those lips to my neck and placed each one lower than the next.

"I'm sorry."

"Hmm?" I questioned.

"This is all my fault. I couldn't bare seeing you cry anymore. It hurt me. Our daughter is away because of me," he said and I grabbed his hairy face in my hands.

"No. It's not your fault, baby. Is that why you've been avoiding me? I thought you were just losing it," I joked.

"I am. I just want to kill everyone. And I want Hope back. I want you to be happy. So last night Elijah and I talked. Me and you are going to spend this weekend in Mystic Falls. We're letting the public know we're going to your home town for comfort from family," he said and I raised an eyebrow.

"How are they going to know that?"

"Because we're going outside today to let them know. Let's get dressed," he said. He climbed off of me and I frowned, grabbing his wrist before he walked away from the bed. "And we're getting breakfast. Dress nicely but don't over do you're sexiness."