Kol's Death

Chapter Six

"No way. I'm not doing this," Jeremy said and I nodded in agreement. This was a bad idea. I didn't want to be here for this either.

"What makes you think you have a choice?" Klaus asked.

"You have to kill vampires to complete the Hunter's Mark," Damon pointed out. "Mark equals cure. You're in a bar full of almost-vampires, so get your hunt on."

"Screw you. You said I wouldn't have to kill innocent people," Jeremy retorted. I looked at Klaus and he began tugging me to the bar. He placed me on a stool and leaned down and kissed my lips. "Trust me, love," he whispered softly and I took another sip of the drink I was still holding on for dear life to.

"Klaus-" I began to argue but his lips pressed to mine in the softest manner ever. I moaned lowly and wrapped one hand around his neck, holding him to me. I didn't want him to leave me. Not now. I was scared, but as long as he was with me I was safe and I knew that. Plus kissing him distracted me from what was going on around us.

"Enough. Have at it, or else," Klaus snapped, pulling away from my lip to look at Damon and Jer who must have still been discussing the issue.

"I don't take orders from you, dick," Jer said and I bit my lip nervously. This was gonna get ugly and fast. Klaus slowly moved from between my legs and stood a few feet away from Jeremy.

"Hunters can't be compelled," Jeremy said after dropping a stake to the floor. Klaus chuckled and walked to him, closing the gap between them until he was standing directly infront of Jeremy. I looked away to see a man standing like a step behind where I was sitting. I was getting nervous and uncomfortable on top of my fear.

"You're right. I can't compel you. But if your conscience is getting in the way, allow me to make it easy for you. Because I can compel them," Klaus replied and I shook my head. "I'm gonna give you a two-minute head start, then send every vampire in here after you. You kill them or they kill your friend, Matt."

"Klaus!" I shouted angrily.

"Whoa. Wait a second," Matt protested.

"No, no. You turn them, he kills them," Damon interjected. "That was the deal, Klaus."

"I'm taking artistic lisence," Klaus said.

"You know he can't take them all at the same time," Damon pointed out.

"With you as his coach he'll be fine. It's Matt I'm worried about."

"Jeremy, go get the weapons out of the car. I'll be right behind you," Damon ordered. Jeremy ran out the door to do what he was told. "Both of you." And then Matt left too.

"If I hear an engine start, I'll kill Matt myself," Klaus called out to the boys.

"And what am I supposed to do while this is happening, huh psychopaths?" I asked the blue eyed men.

"Klaus will love your company," Damon sneered, looking at Klaus, and I blushed.

"What is that supposed to mean?" I frowned.

"Trust me, he'll keep you safe. I have to go," Damon said. He then left and I turned to face the hybrid as he began his compelling.

"Klaus, don't do this," I pleaded and he ignored me. I felt the tears prick at my eyes as I got more and more worried about the boys. I got up to go leave when Klaus flashed infront of me. "Move. I have to help them," I said.

"And put yourself in danger, I don't think so," Klaus told me.

"What am I supposed to do then? I'm not just gonna sit here," I replied and his lips were soon on mine and my back was soon on a hard surface but it wasn't a wall. I'm sure it was a table of some sort. Klaus rather cold hands slipped up my top, roaming on my soft skin.