Carol and Tyler Visit

Chapter Fifteen

"You are overdue for a check up," Agnes stated, she was a witch. The same witch Klaus and I met when we first arrived to New Orleans to be exact. She came by to talk and check on how I'm doing. We were in the living room talking while I glanced through a new book of mine. I don't think I"m overdue for a check up. I could only be like two months pregnant at the most. I did want an ultrasound but I want Klaus there and right now it wasn't safe for me to go.

"What am I gonna do, pop into the quarter for a quick ultrasound? A hybrid's pregnant girlfriend, who no one can know is pregnant, escorted by a witch? Nothing to see here," I replied to her, sighing and shutting my book.

"A lot of women would kill to have a child. I know you want to take care of yours so you should go," Rebekah chimed in. She was across the room sitting down doing something. Who knows what on her laptop.

"I know a doctor out in the bayou off the beaten path. Now I took the liberty of making an appointment for you tonight after hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it," she said and I sighed. I wanted to but...

"Ok. Fine. But Klaus is coming," I stated and she frowned. "Bayou baby doctor it is."

"Are you sure your boyfriend can come?" She asked.

"We'll see," I told her, walking her to the door and she left, promising to come back later tonight. I then walked back to the living room and squealed with delight as my boyfriend has returned home, coming from a side door.

"Hello, love," he grinned as I ended up in his arms. I pecked his lips and held onto him tight. He picked me up and carried me over to a chair by the small dining table. "Please, sister, tell me you're not still at it with the internet search. How does one begin anyway, just type in 'anonymous attic'?" He questioned.

He stood next to me while he poured himself a drink. "Someone has to find Elijah even if I have to search every bloody attic in New Orleans," she replied. Oh, that's what she's doing. When she went to see Marcel he showed her Davina, who wiped her memory of the place. All she could remember was small details about the attic.

"Like looking for a needle in a rather large pile of needles," Klaus mused.

"I remember details about the attic Marcel took me to. There were shutters on the window behind Elijah's coffin."

"Well, that should narrow it down immensely," Klaus said, grabbing my hand and leading me across the room. "Myself, I prefer actual strategy as opposed to mind numbing labor." He sat down on the couch, pulling me down onto his lap. "Marcel's delay in returning our brother makes me suspect he's no longer in charge of the situation. If Davina's loyalty to Marcel is strained, perhaps the young witch will be open to discussing a new alliance."

"As usual your power grabs are more important than rescuing your brother."

"I prefer to think of it as killing two birds with one stone. Rob Marcel of his secret weapon, bring our brother home."

"He better come home," I stated after Rebekah left.

"He will," he promised, kissing my cheek and then putting his glass to the side table.

"Okay. Agnes stopped by. The witch. The one you tried to get to read your palm."

"What for?" He frowned.

"She said I was overdue for a checkup on the baby."

"At what? Two months pregnant."

"That's what I was thinking. I don't feel it's neccessary yet but I do want to go, baby. I'm excited about having our baby. Having an ultrasound will aloow me to see our little baby. I really want to."