The Bayou Attack

Chapter Thirty-Two

I was in the kitchen, finishing my stack of pancakes my sexy boyfriend made me. "Morning, Allison," I was greeted. I looked to see it was Elijah entering the kitchen.

"Morning, Elijah. Sleep well?" I smiled.

"Just fine, thank you," he said politely.

"What happened to you last night?" I asked, going to wash my plate now.

"I took care of Marcel, if that's what you're asking," he stated, watching me.

"How did you handle him?" I asked, frowning in confusion.

"I knew I couldn't kill him without upsetting Niklaus, so I did the next best thing. Killed his right hand man. Thierry is dead."

"Good strategy. I approve," I said, drying my hands.

"Where is my brother?"

"In the study area by the living room," I answered. He nodded and we both headed to the room to find Klaus tearing books from the bookshelf, angrily.

"Can I help you find something?" Elijah asked as Klaus had his back turned to where we were in the doorway.

"Yes. In fact, I believe you can," Klaus said and turned around to face us then back to the bookshelf. "I'm looking for a book about yay big filled with our mother's most powerful spells. It appears to have been misplaced."

"How very mysterious," Elijah muttered and I frowned. He knew where it was. I could tell from his tone of indifference.

"Indeed," Klaus said, a sarcastic smile on his lips as he looked back at us again. I walked over to him and pecked his lips. "How was your food, love?"

"Spectacular," I grinned. He kissed me again, a little bit longer and rubbed my growing belly. I was pretty big now. Well, very big. There was like a foot between Klaus and I every time we tried to get our bodies as close as we could.

Klaus pulled away and moved me to his side, his arm going around my waist to rest on my hip. He looked over at Elijah, "At first, I feared the witches had succeeded in their efforts to obtain it, but considering their last attempt ended with me relieving a rather large tattooed man of his hands, I began to wonder if the thief wasn't a bit closer to home."

I would have scolded him for accusing his brother like that but I was sure Elijah had the book. We both looked at Elijah who was sat at his desk, writing away. "Don't make this harder than it needs to be brother," Klaus told him.

"Well, admittedly, I did have a theory that your sudden interest in mother's grimoire was in some way related to whatever foolishness you've been conducting with the crescent wolves. Therefore, I took it upon myself to carefully place it where naughty little fingers could not pry," Elijah replied.

"And here I thought you, of all people would understand, I am simply trying to help those wolves, play Samaritan to the abused, champion to the underdog, so to speak."

"How splendidly noble of you," Elijah mocked and I forced myself to hold back a giggle.

"Have you ever considered that, like you, I am trying to keep Allie safe, using our mother's magic to empower those wolves and get them on our side to make them capable of protecting her when needed," Klaus said and I furrowed my brows.

"You want to befriend the wolves to make them my bodyguards?" I scoffed at the thought.

"Yes, unless, of course, they try to seek retribution for decades held in exile, and Allie will find herself in the middle of an uprising, one that will only provoke further violence," Elijah stood up, moving around the room. "You see, you risk turning New Orleans into a war zone, brother. I won't let that happen."