The Bar Attack

Chapter Twenty-One

Klaus walked back over to the table with a bottle of whiskey. I was sitting down at the small table, across from Marcel. Klaus had been sitting next to me until he went to fetch a drink to fill his and Marcel's glasses. "I think I was far more gracious than they deserved," Klaus said, filling up his glass.

He shared a look with Marcel who still looked upset about what happened back at the church with the human faction. "You're disappointed by my lack of dimplomacy. Well, you, above all people, should need no reminder of the human capacity for cruelty," Klaus said, filling Marcel's glass next.

A buzzing sound then surrounded us. It was Klaus' phone. He got to answer it while I looked around. This was the vampires little hang out bar. "Hello?" Klaus answered, standing up, now behind our seats. Klaus listened to the person on the otherside. "Have you?" Klaus asked rather unpleased and maybe in a bored tone.

Then suddenly glass shattered. I jumped out of my seat, seeing all the windows being broken. Some guy caught on fire and was running around. Klaus quickly grabbed me, pushing me behind him and moving me so I was behind the table, practically under it. Klaus suddenly jolted back and groaned in pain. He then moved over to someone else on the floor, Marcel.

Klaus helped Marcel up and then got me to my feet, looking me over. He was shot! Klaus kissed me softly, sighing in relief. "Baby, you were shot," I whispered.

"I know, love," he said. He dug his fingers into his wound, pulling out the bullet and tossing it to the ground. I sighed slowly, looking around. I wrapped my arms around Klaus as Marcel had taken care of the bullet that hit him too.

"Damn it, damn it, damn it!" Marcel shouted and then flipped over the table next to us. I jumped and Klaus' arms immediately encircled my waist, holding me tightly. Marcel then paced away from us before turning around and pointing an accusing finger at Klaus. "Oh, this is on you."

He walked over, standing right infront of us. And boy was he upset. "Now that you're in charge those are your guys laying dead, yur guys. You're gonna run this city, that better mean something to you otherwise no one worth a damn is gonna follow you, no one," he said and began walking away.

"I was beginning to worry about you," Klaus replied, letting me go after kissing the top of my head. "I don't think I could have taken any more of this differential nonsense. I mean, clearly, I underestimated the faction. That won't happen again but tell me, now that we have arrived at this point, now that they have come into our home, visited this upon our people, how would you counsel me to respond."

"Let's go kill them all," Marcel said. The boys stared face to face. I gulped before biting my lip. Klaus smirked and Marcel just looked angry. Great, let's go kill people.

***

I watched Kieran walk into the room where the faction was joined for a meeting. Klaus had called Klaus and informed him about what had happened at the bar. Then Klaus organized a meeting for the faction so he could have them all together so him and Marcel could kill them.

Now I was hiding in the shadows with Klaus. I was to stay here until the murdering started at least. "Why wasn't I consulted on this?" Kieran demanded as he walked to the table where the other humans sat.

"You've been gone for over eight months, Kieran," the mayor said. "We got used to doing things on our own."

"This Klaus Mikaelson," sailor guy from earlier who Klaus informed is the one who called him while we were at the bar. He was also the police cheif. So he wasn't a sailor or someone honorable. Just some corrupt cop. How pathetic. Anyways he's talking, " I don't care who is or what the rumors are. He needed to be taught a lesson." Klaus? Be taught a lesson? Not likely, bro. Sorry.