Obtaining the Sword

Chapter Two

"Thank you, my lovely," Klaus thanked some compelled chick who served us all drinks. Once she was walking away he turned to us. "I could kiss the Council for burning up all the vervain in town. They made my life so much easier," he said and I rolled my eyes.

I had got here about five minutes ago with Stefan and Rebekah. We met Klaus in Connor's room and he stated that the tattoo on Connor isn't visible like it was on the other hunters. And now it was time to eat. We were sat at a small table for four. On my right was Klaus and on my left was Rebekah, leaving Stefan across from me. "Rebekah, love, eat your veggies," Klaus ordered in a kind voice.

"I'm not eating until you apologize," she said stubbornly.

"For which indiscretion? There have been so many," he said with a sarcatic smile, folding his hands under his chin.

"You broke my neck," Rebekah stated and I raised an eyebrow, looking at Klaus.

"You threw away Elena's blood so I can't make hybrids."

"Because you took me for granted."

"That's what big brothers do, sweetheart," Klaus replied and I gaped at him disbelief.

"Let me just name the million other people I'd rather be having dinner with right now," Stefan chimed in and I giggled.

"All right, fine," Klaus sighed. "I'm sorry. I often forget how delicate you are. Forgive me?"

We all looked to Rebekah. I would not forgive him with the pathetic attempt of an apology. She stared at Klaus as she answered, "I'll take it under consideration."

"Okay, good. Ahem," Stefan said clearing his throat and turning to face Klaus. "Why don't you tell us about Rebekah's hunter?"

"Right. Alexander. Nice chap, forgoing the obvious issues," Klaus sighed before staring the story, "he was looking for the creatures of the night which is why we felt quite safe around him wearing our daylight rings."

He then told the story of how he sat at a dinner table with Alexander and his two siblings, Rebekah and Elijah, who wanted to know more about what Alexander did. And Alexander said he was in group fo five and there goal was 'the destruction of all vampires.' Klaus had asked him how he was to achieve that goal and the answer was, "we have the ultimate weapon, which no vampire can survive."

"So that's what this is about?" Stefan asked. "A weapon?"

"Not just any weapon," Rebekah said.

"Rebekah, love, don't get ahead of the story," Klaus told her and I held back a giggle. He talked to her as if she was a child and I found it rather amusing.

"How is a weapon the answer to all my prayers?" Stefan questioned him. The siblings looked at one another, neither of them answered.

"Okay," I sighed. "Why don't we just skip the theatrics and get right to the point?"

"Not quite yet, love," Klaus told me, patting my hand. "Because in order to find this weapon we need to solve the puzzle which seems to have disappeared."

"What puzzle?" Stefan and I chorused.

"The tattoo. What is it?" Stefan asked, figuring it out a bit.

"A map leading us to its treasure," Klaus answered.

"Fat lot of good a tattoo is if we can't see it."

"We can't, but someone else can," Klaus said before turning to the um...compelled waitress girl, "won't you tell the hybrid to bring him in, love? You see the hunter was so eager to to the bottom of his mystery tatoos that he mentioned there was only one other person that can see them."