Klaus in Combat

Chapter Nineteen

I gagged as Klaus bit into some girl's wrist. Yeah, he compelled some girl so he could have her blood. I guess he does have to live. Back home the vampires stole blood from hospitals. I don't know where a hospital even is in New Orleans. And well, Klaus, no doubt prefers his blood this way.

I continued to nibble on fruit. We were sitting down for breakfast, Klaus, Rebekah, and I. And currently my boyfriend was pouring the blood from the girl's bitten wrist into a glass. I rolled my eyes and looked away. "Have you spoken to our good friend Marcel today?" Klaus asked his sister.

"No. Should I have?" Rebekah asked. She sat across from me while Klaus stood to the side with the girl and the tray holding bowls of fruit.

"Well, he's been mysteriously silent, avoiding me some might say. I thought, perhaps, he may have whispered reasons into your ear along with all those sweet nothings."

"If I see him, I'll be sure to askif he's still sore at you," she replied. He finished with the girl and moved over, sitting down next to me.

"Let me give a voice to that look in your eyes. 'My saintly, noble brother lies writhing in agony in the bayou, victim of my bastard brother's bite when just one or two drops of his blood would ease his pain'," Klaus said.

I sighed and sipped on my orange juice. Klaus and I talked about it already, I'd drop the subject of Elijah. He wasn't going to die and well, I wasn't going to be able to convince Klaus to save his brother. So I was going to wish Elijah luck since Klaus would never let me go help Elijah back at the bayou. Klaus was my boyfriend, a possessive one, and currently a jealous one, but that was all right cause I liked him all the same.

"On the contrary, Nik. I am simply enjoying my brekkie waiting for Elijah's health return," Rebekah said.

"Oh, come on, Rebekah. You've been giving me the devil's eye all morning. Out with it."

"Perhaps I'm concerned that if I voice my opinion about what you did to Elijah, I will end up on the wrong side of your toxic hybrid teeth," she sneered.

"Poppycock. I would never bite you. Elijah made some very offensive accusations about my intentions towards my child. He deserves a day or two of discomfort. Besides, you know my preferred method of punishment for your indiscretions is the dagger," he stated and I gaped at him, placing my hand on his knee and squeezing it in warning.

Rebekah let out a small chuckle and then slid her chair back. She got out of her seat and leaned across the table to be in his face as she spoke, "There's something fundamentally wrong with you." And then she left.

I sighed and Klaus looked over at me, shrugging. I giggled and leaned over. "There's something fundamentally wrong with me for being so attracted to you even when you're being so mean. Like seriously, you're sexy as hell, all the time," I told him, kissing him lightly, wrapping my hands around his neck as I got up from my seat and onto his lap.

"You're the best," he said, kissing down my neck. I moaned and bit my lip, trying to be quiet right now. He pulled back and furrowed his eyebrows. "She's gone," he stated and I smiled.

"Round two after last night?" I asked him and he shook his head.

"I can't. I have to figure out what I'm going to do. Rebekah, cannot be trusted, do you hear me?" He questioned and I nodded.

"Babe, seriously you're paranoid. Stop it," I ordered, holding his face in my hands.

"I'm not being paranoid, Allie."

"Okay, say you're right. What could she possibly do?" I asked.

"I don't know. She's hanging about on Marcel's arm," he grumbled.