Chapter 18

1 Year Later:

Our plan worked perfectly there wasn't a single thing we weren't prepared for except for Blaine having an awaiting army. Blaine was smart, crafty, and often worked with what he had. I was a foul to let him get away, but this time he's getting what he deserves. "Nice of you to join me." He said. I stood there with nothing. No weapon, no friends, no family just me. "How's your face?" I asked. He removed the hood from his head revealing half of his face that I burnt off before he put Matt in the hospital. "How's Matt?" He asked.

"None of your business," I said.

"He still in that coma?" He asked. Now it was time to pay. I raced to Blaine and punched him with everything. Blaine only smiled and returned the punch sending me flying through the wall. "I'm gonna kill you," I said.

"How? I have at least 300 years on you and you think you can kill me?" He asked. I started to it up when he kicked me back down. I started to couch up blood before he shoved a wooden stake through my chest. "Stop," I screamed.

"Do you feel that. You're trying to heal around it, but it won't work." He said before pushing me over. I pulled the stake out of my chest and began to heal. "You're going to wish you didn't do that," I said.

"What are you going to use vervain. Remember how well that worked last time?" He asked.

"This isn't last time," I said racing towards him again. He pushed me against the wall causing it to crumble. "Aren't you going to at least try to hit me?" He asked.

"You asking for it," I said.

"Indeed I am, but it seems as though I won't be receiving it from you." He said.

"Maybe from me." someone said. I looked up from my blurry vision long enough to see Matt put a stake through Blaine's heart. "Is he dead?" I asked.

"No, but he'll be occupied for a while," Matt said.

"You were in a coma," I said.

"I got out and your son helped." He said leaning against a wall while holding his side. Adam and Vanessa appeared and began helping us. "What are you doing here?" I asked.

"No thank you," Adam said.

"I didn't want you to get hurt," I said.

"So you'd rather endanger yourself?" He asked.

"If it ensures your safety I'd do that every day," I said.

"Is she okay?" I heard Claire's frantic voice ask.

"She's a doctor," Vanessa said.

"Take me to my home. They'll help us." Matt said.

"Doctor," Vanessa said.

"She has no heartbeat. What would a normal doctor. I don't know freak out." Matt said.

**

I woke up to see Adam, Claire, and Vanessa's worried face. "How long have  I been out?" I asked.

"A week," Adam said.

"I guess I really was messed up," I said.

"Your brave I'll give you that," Matt said. I spotted him a corner leaning on the wall.

"No welcome back?" I asked. Matt made his way over to me and hugged me. I pulled him into a kiss and I felt everything. Sparks, emotions and even our thoughts towards each other. I pulled away and leaned my head on Matt's. "I wanted to wait until after we both were better." He said.

"You know I'd bet you there," I said.

"I know, but that's not the point. The point is your my mate and I'm yours." He said.

"I think I kinda figured that one out," I said.

"Mom has a mate." Adam teased.

" Aly is in love." Claire teased.

"Hey your not supposed to tease the cripple," I said.

"You're only going to be cripple for like 1 more minute," Vanessa said. Matt was right when he told me that we'd all come out together. I don't know how he knew, but he knew and I'm grateful for everyone here. They had my back when I needed them most, but turned away. Claire still has something that makes me trust her more than anything and I wish I knew what it was, but that's another situation for another day. Today was about bonding and of course recovering. This is the most normal moment I have had as a vampire and I like it.