Chapter 14

We arrived at 'The Forbidden Land' sooner than expected. "Do you smell that?" I asked.

"We're not vampires remember," Claire said.

"Wait I smell it," Matt said.

"It only smells like something rotten," Claire said.

"Death," I said before dashing off with Matt and Claire following me. I walked inside to see more dead bodies than I wanted too, but now were who I needed to see. "Adam where are you," I called.

"Who are you?" A voice asked. I caught sight of a young girl with bright red eyes looking back at me. "Who are you?" I asked.

"My name is Victoria. This is my home your invading." She said.

"I'm looking for someone," I said.

"Name?" She asked.

"Adam, Adam Barkley," I said.

"Your Adam's mom?" She asked.

"Yes, you know my son is?" I asked.

"I know him, but he's different now. Not just older." She said.

"Tell me about him?" I asked.

"Meet me at the old Fells park and I'll let you meet him, but only for a little while." She said.

"Thank you," I said.

"Be very careful no one can know about this." She said. I nodded and she looked at the clock on the wall. "What's the matter?" I asked.

"I should be going. Come around 9 and don't be obvious. Go." She said disappearing into the darkness. "Thank you," I said one last time even though I could tell that she was long gone. "I'm so confused," Matt said.

"They have Adam," Claire said.

"And I'll see my son again," I said.

"This is good right?" Matt asked.

"This is amazing," Claire said.

"Thank the heavens and the earth for what I am worth. I may have my son again and rejoice till my end." I said.

"What was that?" Matt asked.

"It's something that me and Stew always said and after I had Adam we taught him that and said that every night before dinner and bed," I said. I was going to meet my son. After all this time of me wasting my life, I finally get what I really wanted, more time with my son.