Chapter 8

Nearly two hours had passed and each minute I tried to exit, but couldn't. Luther made it impossible for me to use my arm to even touch the nob of the door. "Trying to leave so soon?" Blaine asked.

"Why must we stay here?" I asked.

"He needs our help. As his 'children' and all." He said.

"I have to go. Someone's waiting for me." I said.

"Your husband?" He asked his voice drained of hope. "Actually me and my husband spit a long time ago," I said.

"My 'children' gather round," Luther said. I rolled my eyes at the sound of his tone and walked over to him as did the other vampires. "Luther why can't we leave. I think I speak for everyone when I say didn't you take enough from us." I said.

"Alyson my dear as your 'father' I must say I'm disappointed." He said with an evil smirk. Before I knew it I had him pinned by the neck against the wall. His body molded into the wall as he looked into my eyes which most likely were black taking away any evidence of my humanity. "Someone's been drinking," Luther said.

"I was hungry," I said.

"Was it your husband?" He asked. I felt my grip tighten around his neck. "Maybe we should all calm down," Blaine suggested. All I wanted to do was go home and never return here.  "Let her lash our Blaine. She's perfect this way." Luther said. At this point, I lost all control and threw him out the window. My vampire side was in control now as I leaped out the window after him. I saw Claire, Terry, and Matt staring at me in disbelief. "Who's that new guy in your life. Should I kill him to teach you some manners?" Luther asked spitting out blood. That was the last straw. I wasn't going to let him threaten Matt the way he threatened my family. "You won't touch him," I said slamming him into a tree. "Is that love I detect," Luther said still smirking. I kicked him in the stomach he flew back into another tree. It didn't bother me that he wasn't fighting back. The tree broke as he fell down. I wasn't out to just get a message through his head anymore, I was out for blood. "Alyson calm down," Matt said. His voice rang in my ears as I tried to focus on his words, but the anger was too much for words to settle me. "Alyson," Claire said. "Please stop," Matt said.

"Alyson this isn't who you are," Claire said taking a step forward. Terry caught her arm and I saw the fear on his eyes, but not hers. She knew that I wasn't going to hurt her in any way. "Let's just go," Matt said. My rage had begun to downgrade and I nodded. I approached Luther who was now standing brushing off his clothes. "You've been blessed, but soon enough it'll run out," I said.

"I'll see you soon Alyson." He said.

"Stay away from me," I said and walked off. Claire held out her arms for me, but I didn't take it. Instead, I jumped up into one of the trees and ran. Where I was going. I had no clue, but the further I was away the more sense everything would make or at least I hoped. I would have killed Luther or at least tried and now I was wondering: Why didn't he fight back