Chapter 10

I paced back and forth trying to think out every possible situation where I could go back in time to before I met both Matt and Blaine. Matt was undeniably cute, smart, sweet, and funny while Blaine was all of those things and a vampire. Last night I had a dream that I was having dating Matt and then he turned into Blaine and then it was both of them. I immediately woke up and took the job as guarding Luther. Sure I hated the guy with all my guts, but if he kept me from falling asleep then I'd do it. The really twisted thing about the dream was that I craved for both of them. Why was I craving for my vampire 'brother ' and the guy who just wants to 'help' me. "You know that this is your house too right?" Luther asked.

"I'd rather think of this place as a prison," I said.

"No matter how much you hate me whenever you're in need you will always find yourself here." He said. I tried to ignore him, but curiosity always got the best of me. "Why is that?" I asked.

"I'm your maker. You're drawn to me." He said. "I wished I hadn't asked," I said.

"So Matt and brother Blaine," Luther said. "What about them?" I asked.

"They're both on your mind." He said.

"You were reading my mind," I said more of amazement than anger. "I know you, Alyson. You hate my guts and when I was told you were going to guard me I knew something had to be bothering you so I snuck a quick peek." He said.

"Do you do that often?" I asked.

"Only if something is wrong with my children." He said.

"Why did you turn and activate me?" I asked. "You're more special than you know. Technically I saved your life." He said. "Saved it. You ruined it. You took my son away from me." I said.

"I didn't kill Adam and I hate that you think I did." He said.

"I watched you," I said.

"No, someone else killed your son. Drained you nearly to death. I saved you." He said.

"I don't remember that," I said.

"I didn't want you to." He said.

"Huh?" I asked puzzled. What does that have to do with my memory. "I changed your memory of that night. Hoping the less you knew the better. I had you live normally or let your life wither away in this case, but they returned and I needed all of my children."  He explained.

"Who are 'they'?" I asked putting air quotes around them. "They are forbidden. That's all you need to know." He said.

"Did they kill my son?" I asked.

"Alyson." He started.

"Did they kill my son." I practically yelled now. My supposed vampire 'brothers and sisters' stood as if ready to attack me if I attacked Luther. "Please calm down," Luther said.

"Yes or no," I said.