Chapter 7

Luther wasn't here just many other vampires who seemed really pissed to be here. A guy walked in and I saw him, Luther was standing behind him whispering something in his ear. He spotted me and smiled. "Hi, you must be new here." He said.

"What gave it away?" I asked.

"Luther's not so bad." He said.

"He killed my son," I stated.

"What's with the long faces?" Luther asked. "What do you want?" I asked.

"To introduce you to your family." He said. "They are not my family and neither are you," I said.

"You are all my 'children'." He said.

"Do you know what bad kids do to their parents?" I asked.

"Funny how you know when your father is dead and mother is lost in time." He said

"Remember I used to be a cop," I said taking a step to him. He smiled wickedly, but I showed no fear. "How's your husband?" He asked. I hadn't realized that his statement had affected me when I realized that the guy from earlier was holding tightly onto my waist. "Let me go," I said struggling to get out of his grasp. "Blaine this is our newest family member, Alyson," Luther said.

"I will never be apart of your twisted family," I said. With that Luther left the room. "Our family isn't that bad," Blaine said. "Not to sound like a brat, I had my own family," I said

"We all did." He said.

"What do you leave behind?" I asked.

"My parents, friends, job, my entire human life." He said.

"Well I just found my way again, and I can't let Luther take that away again," I said. "I know it's frustrating now, but you'll soon learn why." He said.

"That night all I wanted to do was get home with my son," I said.

"What was his name?" He asked.

"Adam," I said.

"That's a nice name." He said.

"I named him after my father," I said.

"I'm named after a place where I was born." He said.

"Blaine is a place?" I asked never hearing the name before.

"Blane and Windrum." He said.

"Wow. All your mom did was change the spelling and too off some words." I said. "That's my mom for ya." He said.

"Do you miss her?" I asked.

"Every single day that goes by." He said