Chapter 9

Claire repeatedly tried to get me to come out of my house, but each time I refused. "Please open up Alyson," Matt said on the other side of the door. "Just go away," I said.

"Please talk to me. I can help." He said.

"I could have killed them," I said.

"Good thing is you didn't and they're both worried about you." He said. I slightly opened the door and Blaine rushed in with Matt following.  "I thought it was just you," I said to Matt crossing my arms across my chest. "I feel hurt that you didn't wanna see me," Blaine said.

"Don't take it personal. I don't wanna see anyone." I said glaring at Matt. "Claire wants to come by for one on one girl time." Matt said.

"Tell her I can't," I said.

"Too late," Blaine said. I looked at him confused when he went to open the door. Claire walked inside with no fear whereas Terry was about to shit his pants, but tried to look strong for Claire. "Hey." She said.

"Looks great." Terry complemented not looking me in the eyes. "I'm not going to hurt you if that's what you think," I said really a little insulted. Sure as a vampire I had an undeniable craving for blood, but I would never drink from them just like I refused to drink from Matt. "He knows that, but it is important that you know that." She said taking a step forward. I took a step back and crashed into Blaine's hard chest. His touch was the same temperature as mine which was almost below 0. "Why do you do that?" She asked. "I may know that I won't hurt you, but there is guaranteed," I said.

"I trust you." She said taking another step forward. She grasped my cold hands in her warm ones and she smiled. She was okay with what I was when clearly Terry wasn't. "Don't," I said and pulled my hand from hers. I watched as her face fell and I raced into my bedroom slamming the door shut. Hoping the others would get the memo that I wasn't in the mood for company or any interaction period.