((12)) Proving

A/N: So in this one we get more of the characters interacting and also some very minor hints into something more that's going on with (mostly) each character. This is a pretty serious story and will prove darker later on with what I have planned so if you can even catch on anything right now then props to you! xD

[Disclaimer] I do own everything but the characters!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                                                ((12)) Proving

Murasakibara was the first up, the childish giant of a teen was used to cooking for the team. He didn't do it all the time, but since they would be going on an important mission, he decided they all needed something good and healthy on their stomachs. He was the best cook out of all of them, but the purpleheaded charger preferred sweets more than anything, so he had a hard time learning how to cook with what they had.

He yawned as he chewed on something sweet while he started putting rice in the rice cooker (that was thankfully battery-operated) and then started mulling over what meat to add with it for protein.

Akashi was the second up, having always been an early riser. He walked into the kitchen when his friend was pulling his long purple hair up and the smell of food cooking wafted in the air. They had obtained quite a bit of large canteens of gas to use for a gas stove, so they could make some pretty good meals every now and then.

"Morning, Aka-chin." Murasakibara greeted as the redhead started making himself a cup of tea — thankfully the tea had a long expiration date still.

Akashi nodded to him. "Good morning, Atsushi." He couldn't help but peek over at the food Murasakibara was preparing and smiled slightly to himself. "I'm sure the others will appreciate your designs."

Murasakibara hummed slightly and nodded to himself as he made the plates, each of them with the food arranged to show a smiley face. It caused the large teen to smile too. "Do you think Kuro-chin will like it?" he asked in a childish tone.

Akashi kept his hetero-chromatic stare on him, his eyes showing brighter as he smiled with Murasakibara. "Yes, I'm sure he will." His tone was softer when speaking to the childish teen. He had to, when Murakibara grew into this state...

Murasakibara still smiled, but grew quieter as he continued to work and Akashi sat at the table near him.

Midorima woke up with a stiff back due to sleeping at his desk for several hours. Slightly disoriented, he looked around his room and saw Kuroko already up and making the bed that he slept in.

"Kuroko..." Midorima muttered sleepily.

Kuroko instantly looked over at the greenheaded megane and found the sight of his sleepy eyes and crooked glasses endearing. "Oh, I hope I did not wake you, Midorima-kun."

Midorima shook his head and began stretching, but stopped when he realized that pale blue gaze was watching him. "What? Stop watching me like that!"

Kuroko blinked, as if he hadn't realized he had been watching, and quickly turned apologetic. "I'm sorry, I didn't realize Midorima-kun was shy."

"I-I am not!" Midorima stuttered, looking away from Kuroko.

There was a short silence before Midorima got his bearings and addressed the phantom boy. "How did you sleep?"

Kuroko stayed standing after making up the bed, the yellow book in his hand. "Better. I was able to sleep more peacefully after falling asleep while reading... Midorima-kun was right, thank you." And he bowed to him and Midorima felt his cheeks heat up slightly at his words and respectful action.