((14)) The Fear Of No Sight

A/N: Hey all! This one has a bit of lead on into Kise's backstory. You'll probably want to give a hug to our blond once you know the full extent of his past (which won't be revealed until some time).

*Got a Kise pic in the media~ =3 (As well as music >.>)

[DISCLAIMER] I do not own KnB characters.

-------------------------------------

((14)) The Fear Of No Sight
~With Kuroko~

They all attacked him except for a few, and those he quickly went to target before they could get far.

He wouldn't let any past him. He had to ensure the humans' survival, and like a switch, his powers emerged and he fought with inhuman ability and speed.

A Nervo was his closest target, and he instantly spun his body around so he would land directly in front of it. As it swiped at him, light blue energy gathered around his hands and he was able to gather enough force to smash his palm right into the creature's chest. The Nexi inside shattered completely, and the long-gone human started disintegrating.

Kuroko didn't stop, he moved on to the next closest Nervo and did the same. Emotions turned off like a light in him at destroying the once humans. Seeing their gaping, mutated faces as he destroyed them for good didn't make him flinch.

He kept moving until he sensed a cat AniNervo launch at him from behind. It was a common house cat, but due to the extra power given to enhance it from the Nexi inside it, it was now twice its size with enlarged muscle mass, fangs, and claws. One thing Kuroko had noticed in the possessed creatures was that often times it was hard for the Nexi to control the vocal chords. So the sound the cat made was a gargled mutated hiss that oddly fit its features.

Regardless, Kuroko still disposed of it as he quickly summoned a gun-like cannon on his arm and aimed for its chest. It started dissipating in a flurry of white, but then the other AniNervos jumped on him.

He narrowly missed the chomping jaw of a large canine, but as he backed up he was slashed in his side by another cat AniNervo. Pain was something Kuroko didn't like, but learned to deal with. He now had a high tolerance for it and just let his enhanced body heal.

He changed the cannon into a long sword and swiftly turned in a full circle to cut through the surrounding creatures. Two of them had been struck in the cores, and the injured ones Kuroko quickly sliced the hearts of.

When he was done, he noticed the other creatures were still running into the direction the humans had run off to. He kicked off the upraised pavement to launch himself at the monsters.

He quickly beheaded a Nervo and sliced right through a dog AniNervo - taking the Nexi out with it. Kuroko pirouetted on his right foot to do the same to the other Nervo. The last three AniNervos turned on him and he received another scratch, this time on his leg. As the wound closed up, he moved around the creatures and then impaled one before turning to sling the disintegrating form into another that had jumped at him. There was a resounding smack as the bodies collided and Kuroko took the time to smash the Nexi of the dog AniNervo still gargling-growling at him.

As he withdrew his hand from the disintegrating creature, he turned to the last two - both of which were regenerating their own wounds.

Kuroko aimed to quickly finish them off. He had to get back to the other humans before they got too far.

. * .

~With the GoM~

There was a worry every one of the Generation of Miracles had, and that was prominently for their phantom member, Kuroko. It was easy to see on most of their faces, and more than one would constantly be on lookout for him.