23||Aftermath

Petra Ramirez

It's been almost a month since I've seen my parents in the apartment, a month without them seems unreal.

I've been staying with Xavier since, I couldn't bear going back to the apartment and having all those memories wash over me.

A week after their death, we had a funeral and everyone who knew them came. Even people they didn't like, but I didn't have the strength to make them leave.

I know I need to go back there and start going through stuff, but at the same time I just can't. Even driving past the building makes my heart ache.

No one has told me anything about what happened to them, I mean investigators said that they were most likely murdered but they didn't tell me about the autopsy.

I wanted to know how long they were lying like that if they were scared, and how were they murdered. Mainly who did this to them.

My parents were very respectful people, they never did anything besides go on vacation and focus on their business. I believe no one wanted them dead unless they were associated with something along those lines.

When Xavier put me in the car, I still was processing everything. Blood was all over me, even in my hair and I don't even know how that ended up there.

Xavier called the police and they took my parents away in body bags, it's one of the most sickening feelings ever.

Another sad thing is I didn't even get to say goodbye, I just went upstairs to sleep and expected to see them the next day. It's one of the guiltiest feelings on earth, especially when you are finally able to be with them after not seeing them for almost nine years.

As I'm sitting on Xavier's bed, watching desperate housewives the door slightly opens as a head pokes in.

"Hey, Pettie!" Audrey spoke as she walked into the room with a smile on her face.

I furrowed my brows when she said that name, Pettie?

"Pettie?" I questioned as I sat straighter in the bed.

Audrey nods her head as she plops down beside me, she has finally reached the end of her pregnancy but the baby sure doesn't feel like coming out yet.

"Still no baby?" I asked, knowing the answer to my question.

Audrey groans, "No, and I hate it. If anything I want this monster out of me, I can barely bend down and tie my shoes."

I let out a laugh, "I'll just say that pregnancy can be the best and worst experience."

"How was your pregnancy with Eliana?" Audrey asked as she looked at me.

A small smile forms on my face as I look down at my fingers. When I was pregnant it was a good experience but it was one of the loneliest times of my life.

"When I was pregnant, I was pregnant with twins. If I'm being honest, it was one of the worst times honestly but it is such a beautiful experience." I answered before letting out a shaky breath, "I was uncomfortable at times, but I mean you're going to have a best friend for a lifetime."

"You have twins?" Audrey questioned with furrowed brows.

"I had twins." I exhaled deeply as I looked up at the ceiling, "One of them died."

We both stayed silent for a few moments, suddenly I felt a pair of arms wrap around me. Audrey holds me tightly as she places her head on my shoulder.

We finished the rest of the episode together, before going downstairs where everyone was sitting in the living room playing uno.