49||Carolyn

PETRA RAMIREZ

Dr. Henderson takes us to the OBGYN department and once we get there Kylie lays down on the bed, Dr. Henderson gets everything ready.

Once the screen turns on, Dr. Henderson puts jelly on Kylie's stomach and starts looking at the screen.

We saw three different sacks, but couldn't see the babies though since they were a few weeks old.

Kylie looks between me and Dr. Henderson with wide eyes, "How the hell am I pregnant with triplets?"

Dr. Henderson shrugs her shoulders, "I don't know honestly, things like this just happened sweetheart."

Kylie looks at the screen once more, before a small smile appears on her face. She exhales deeply as she looks at the screen and says, "Even though they're a few weeks old, I can tell that they're gonna be beautiful."

I smiled at Kylie as she got up from the bed wiping the jelly off with a paper towel, I got up on the bed as Dr. Henderson put on the cold jelly.

I look over at the screen as I see something, "You Ms. Ramirez, you are at twenty weeks and the twins are healthy!"

Even though I couldn't see what the babies looked like, I was happy. I gave up on having kids again ever since my last miscarriage, which Kennedy caused. But I have hope for this pregnancy.

I never liked discussing my trauma especially now because I hate that feeling so much. It still affects me. But soon enough I know, I'm going to have to talk to someone about it sooner or later.

I'm excited to be a mother again, especially since it's with someone who loves me. I knew I was gonna be a good mom to the twins, I mean I try my best with Ellie.

I wipe the jelly off my stomach as I get up from the bed, I take off my hospital gown and put on my pants and T-shirt as I grab my purse.

"So when are you planning on telling Elijah the news?" I asked as I pulled out my phone.

She shrugged my shoulders, "Honestly, I'm just gonna tell him now. Wonder if he's still here."

I noticed that Xavier messaged me, I opened his message to see what he said.

Xavier: Had to go to the warehouse, Intruder again. Let me know how Kylie is, please. Preston is coming to pick you guys up at 5, I love you.

Kylie let out a sigh before throwing her phone into her purse. I raised an eyebrow as we walked out of the department and made our way to the exit of the hospital.

"Elijah is so dumb," she said as I raised an eyebrow.

"Why do you say that?" I asked getting into the car that Preston was in and buckling the seatbelt.

Kylie gets in the car and buckles her seatbelt, "I just told him we were having triplets right and he's like 'Well if I'm the dad of one who's the dad of the other two?' like are you serious?"

I let out a soft chuckle, "That's funny."

She rolls her eyes, causing me to let out a soft laugh before Preston begins driving.

XAVIER ROMANO

I drive up to the warehouse where my eyes land on another symbol that those bastards put on the wall. I park my car and quickly get up before slamming the door shut, Elijah gets out of the car after me and follows behind me.

"Fucking damn it!" I yelled as I threw a rock at the wall, "Those bastards are gonna fucking get it."

"Xavier, you have to realize that you're the leader of the Italian Mafia, Sicilian Mafia, and leader of the Spanish Mafia. You have a lot of enemies." Elijah says as he picks up the rock that I threw.