𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

"We're all gathered here today to celebrate the life of Tommy Allen McAlister. The Bible says to be absent from the body is to be present with the lord. So REJOICE fore he is in a better place." The pastor said.

I felt zo caressing my hand with his thumb. I laid my head on his shoulders letting tears drop. My granny and Nesha were holding eachother,Nesha still wasn't crying.

" We will allow people to speak now, 3 minutes max cause we will sit yo as- I mean we will sit you down..we not tryna be here for 3 more hours"

My granny and Tommy's daughter spoke. I got up next, to say my final words to the only person who had my back for a long time. Zo let go of my hand and I stood up and collected my thoughts.

"I just wanted to get up here and talk to the man who was my backbone for so many years. I will forever be grateful for the way you stood up for me, and protected me. Im so sorry if I ever hurt your feelings with my words, or disobeyed you. I love you so much and can't wait to see you again" I said wiping away tears and walking back to me seat.

When I sat back down my granny squeezed my hand and smiled, I smiled back and laid my head back on Zo's shoulder.

Another lady who had been my grandpas coworker for some years. Her name is Valerie but we call her Val cause she's basically a family friend. I didn't pay any mind since she was a family friend but my granny's body language completely changed.

" The immediate family knows me...I'm Valerie a family friend of the McAlisters. I wanted to send my most sincere apologies to the family. But I think all of you need to see this"

A video of Val and my Grandpa doing the devils tango was projected on the screen, everybody was in shock.

" Bitch you not finna do this at my fathers funeral" Nesha yelled jumping over the church pews.
" Oh no this is just the beginning" Val said changing the video.
" Get out now " I stood up and threw my shoe at her, it only hit her shoulder.

Zo and my granny stood up tryna calm me down. Nesha ran to the stage and pushed Val down.

" Now bitch get out before I whoop yo ass infront of everybody " Nesha said standing over Valerie.

Val calmly stood up, took the video off the screen and walked out.

The service went on as usual, then we all went to the cemetery for the burial.

" you okay Ny" Zo leaned down and whispered in my ear
" No, but I will be" I looked up at him with tear heavy eyes and tried to smile.

He wiped the tears in my eyes with his shirt  and held me while the pastor said his final words.

As they were about to lower the casket in the ground my granny wondered off.

𝐆𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐧𝐲𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

" Val why are you here"
" What should I expose next...the fact that me and you have been having a secret relationship for years now...or the fact that you hired me to kill your husband"
" what do you want from me"
" I want my money..the bastards dead now pay me" Val said picking her nails.
" Ok Val I'll pay you all your money just leave my family out of this."

"Mama why is this bitch still here " Nesha said shoving me out the way.
" Bitch?, you better get your daughter in check"
" Hoe you don't know me,I'll kill you. Mama just say the word and I'll off this bitch right here" Nesha reached in her purse.
" Nesha go back over to the grave I got this"

Nesha let out a aggravated huff and walked away.

" you have a month" Val walked away and hopped into her white porche.

* end of pov*

Everyone had left the grave and the funeral was over.

𝐉𝐚𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐏𝐎𝐕

I held onto the covers tightly,scrunched my toes. Everytime I looked up at Xy's face it seemed like he was zoned out. I tried to ignore it and just enjoy the moment.

" Ian feeling this" He pulled out and laid next to me.
" Why not?"
" i- I don't know. " He couldn't even look at me.
" Who ever the bitch is I hope she's pretty " I got up from his bed and put my clothes on.
__________________

A/n: excuse error💕

Yall like so far?