𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

It had been 2 weeks since I've had Jah, and Xy was getting discharged from the hospital  in 3 days. It was the start of the school year for Jah so today I was virtual schooling him.

" Jah if I come in this office one more time and you ain't working ima throw yo ass out the window" I peeped my head in the office and saw him on his phone.

" Ny I wasn't muted " He burst out laughing,muting his mic.
" I- " I closed the office door and walked to my room.

I hope they don't call cps on my ass.

" Hot dog lipsss" I said smiling in the camera as Xy answered the phone.
" Mega mindd, I missed yo stank ass"
" Shut up, I'll rub my armpits on yo pillow mf"
" Not u tryna give me pink eye, butt how is Jah's first day of virtual middle school"
" Yk damn well he aint paying attention, he on FaceTime with his 'shawty'"

Xa burst out laughing, making me mug him. I'm tryna make sure this child actually learns Nd he think it's funny.

" What's funny"
" He get it from me, what must I say he got the juiceee"
" He aint gone have no juice if he dumb, that is not cute"
" Chill it's just 6th grade, don't shit count"
" U right I guess, but I'm finna go in here nd help him with his work, then I'll be up there"

_________________________

" Jah sit yo monkey ass down and read this chapter " I was tryna be patient but was getting annoyed cs he wasn't tryna read.

" Don't feel like it" He shrugged.

I'm starting to think him and Xyon are the same exact person, stubborn asf.

" Jah what's the real reason why you don't wanna read"
" cause I can't "
"Yes you can"
" No I literally can't read..my mom was never there to really help me and my school don't give no fuck bout us being actually educated"

I sighed and sat next to him on the sofa in the office.

" I'll teach you how to read no matter how long it takes but you gotta try for yourself okay..I can't help unless you help yoself"

He nodded and got up to grab his text book, and we started reading.

___________________________

𝐍𝐞𝐬𝐡𝐚🌇

" MA I GOT YO TYLENOL" I unlocked the door of my mama's house, calling for her.

I got no answer so I walked in the kitchen and sat at a bar stool. I haven't seen my ma since the funeral a few months ago so I wanted to stay and see her.

" Your mom will be back soon, she stepped out" Val came down the staircase smirking.

" Fuck is you doing here" I stood up.
" I'm your dad's replacement"
" arms length bitch" I said as she approached me. She kept walking and got I my face, making me back hand her.

She stood up rubbing her face, laughing like something was funny.

" Oh you a crazy bitch.."
" tuh crazy ain't even the word" She cracked her neck and knuckles.
" Oh I know, cs what Sane person shows a sex tape at a funeral"
" There wouldn't even be a funeral if it wasn't for your mama"
" Girl what?'
" Oh I'll leave it up to her to tell you. I'm gonna go now" She waved at me while walking out the door.

" I needa talk to Ny about this"

___________________________

" Okay now try to read it" I pointed at Jahs textbook.
" there is no wind or weather on moon, due to the absence of the atmosphere." He glanced at me for reassurance. His face lit up when he saw me smiling.