Prologue

Luna looked out through the window at the field of grass. Trees by the railroad were flying past her, so fast that it felt like they were blinking in and out of her field of vision.

She took her phone out by habit, dangling her chibi Seto Kaiba keychain from her phone case in the process. But before she unlocked her phone, she remembered that she had used up all of her data earlier that day.

16:22

She still had two hours and a bit to arrive at her stop, but it had been a long day and she was already tired. As her phone screen turned black once again, she saw the light from the window being reflected on the smooth black surface. As each tree passed by with a woosh, her phone screen seemed to be blinking.

Woosh

Woosh

She kept staring at her phone as her lack of sleep started to catch up to her.

Woosh

Woosh

It was almost tantalizing, she couldn't take her eyes off of that blinking phone screen.

Woosh

Woosh

"Stay on the sidewalk!" the cyclist that had just passed her yelled, making her look up in a startle.

She was standing on the side of the road as people on bicycles passed by her. Where was she and how had she gotten there? Luna stepped back onto the side walk as she looked around, but nothing stood ou-

Is that KC Tower?

As she wondered, the giant screen on the side of the building turned on to show the face of none other than Seto Kaiba, her anime crush.

"Citizens of Domino." Kenjiro Tsuda's voice came through Seto's mouth, though in English.

Thank the heavens this isn't dubbed, sort of.

"The Battle City Tournament will commence two days from now."

Those fierce eyes never failed to make her heart skip a beat.

"Registrations will begin shortly at all official KC Duel Stations." Seto stated as a matter of fact. "Of course, not all third rate duelists will be accepted. To be registered as a participant, each of you must win a duel against our level 40 AI, but you get one try. Should you win, the new Battle City Duel Disk will be provided to you immediately, guaranteeing your spot in the tournament. Should you lose, your name will be blacklisted from participating."

Am I dreaming?

"That is all."