Chapter 22

Tea had explained that after Yugi was attacked, she had been approached by the rare hunters. Marik had promised her to find the culprits in exchange for information. As long as she kept tabs on the Kaibas, Marik would find and punish the one who had put Yugi in a coma.

"Of course, he wasn't able to do so." Tea said, seemingly sad about the whole ordeal. "But I hear you helped Joey and Mai. I will gladly serve you."

"I was tasked with keeping tabs on Joey, it's why I was at the Tower to begin with." Mai chimed in, making Luna wonder if she had time to rest up a little after their last encounter. "I wasn't on board with hurting him, but Marik had promised he would take the ancient spirit off of him. I just wanted Joey to be back to normal. But yes, I will also serve you. I do owe you for saving my life yesterday."

Luna was glad to have their help, but she couldn't shake one thing off of her mind.

"Bandit." She called out, making him step forth from the sea of rare hunters.

"My liege." He said, seeming just as loyal as before.

She slowly pointed her Millennium Rod at Bandit Keith, without fully knowing how it was supposed to work.

"Tell me the truth." She said and saw that her rod started to glow. "Did you attack Yugi Muto?"

"No, I have not." He answered without hesitation.

Luna focused harder onto her rod, intensifying its glow.

"Has Marik ordered someone to attack Yugi Muto?" She asked, hoping it was not true. Marik had been her friend, had he not?

"Not to my knowledge, my liege." Bandit said as his irises started to glow a golden hue.

Luna put down her rod feeling relief but also a bit of guilt for having doubted.

"I had to be sure." She said to no one in particular before turning to Tea and Mai. "Where is Mokuba right now?"

"He is on the other side of where the Tower used to be. Your other companion in the red jacket is currently with him, al-"

"How far is that from here?" She asked, remembering just how big the Tower had been.

"You can tag one of us with your rod, and it will glow when you point it in our direction, my liege." Mai said. "That's how lord Marik always found his way."

Luna nodded as she lifted her rod once more. She still didn't know how this worked and honestly felt a little silly.

Tag. She thought feeling a bit childish.

"Stay hidden until we get there." Luna said, realizing that Tea most likely wouldn't be much of an assistance in battle, and that Mai was probably too beat up and tired to fight.

Both of them bowed before Luna willed herself back into reality.

As Luna blinked a few times, she noticed Seto had been shaking his head a bit.

"Are you okay?" She asked as she raised her rod and started slowly turning in place.

"I tried to reason with him, but he wants me to use Dark Magician." Seto said as he looked up at Luna, his expression going from annoyance to curiosity. "I will not stoop so- what are you doing?"

Her rod suddenly started to glow.

"There!" Luna pointed, excited that it actually worked. "That's where they are!"

Seto looked down and made his own Millennium Puzzle appear as he hovered a hand in front of his chest. Luna wondered what he was doing as he grabbed the puzzle and moved it around.