Chapter 19

"Begone!" the Pharaoh yelled as he seemingly shot another invisible force out of his open palm.

But Yami Luna took the attack and laughed even louder.

"You have no idea how much untapped power and-" Yami Luna paused as she showed her teeth and spoke through them. "anger Luna has. Not to mention, your new vessel seems to be not doing so well, Pharaoh. Is he rejecting you?"

The Pharaoh stayed quiet and seemed to brace himself as Yami Luna, still laughing, stepped towards him.

"Stop!" Luna yelled, but Yami Luna seemingly ignored her and took yet another step towards the Pharaoh.

Luna still had no idea how her Millennium Rod worked, but she aimed it towards Yami Luna and willed with all of her might for Yami Luna to stop. To her surprise, she did stop and turned her head slowly to look at Luna.

"How long do you think you can hold me?" Yami Luna asked with a smirk.

"If you let him be, I-" Luna wondered what she could say. "I will let you stay. In my throne room, of course."

"What makes you think that's your throne room and not mine?" Yami Luna scoffed.

"You said the Pharaoh is weaker because his vessel is rejecting him. What if I keep rejecting you?" Luna posed the question, hoping Yami Luna would see things her way. "I will accept you as long as you don't harm anyone and stay in the throne room."

"Like a good little dog?" Yami Luna asked, seeming more amused than angry. "How about I just take you out and take over your body? Doesn't that sound better?"

And as Yami Luna reached for her, Luna instinctively aimed her rod higher towards Yami Luna's head and focused on stopping her and rejecting her.

Yami Luna faltered for just a second, but it was long enough for the Pharaoh to lunge at the evil Luna and put his hand on her head. His hand glowed as Yami Luna screamed and shattered into a thousand pieces. Luna's heart was beating too fast and her breathing was ragged. It was disconcerting to see herself screaming and shattering, but also infinitely relieving.

"Is she gone?" She asked with her Millennium Rod still up, while looking around.

"For the time being." The Pharaoh said, regaining his composure. "But I had done the same to Bakura back in Duel Kingdom, and his darker self stabbed Joey just today."

He was right, in the anime, whenever Atem used the power of the Millennium Puzzle on the villains, they were never really gone for good. She would have to be ready for when Yami Luna appeared again.

"How do you feel?" the Pharaoh asked as Luna lowered her rod and tried to regain her composure as well.

She didn't feel any better, but she did think that she felt a little less angry.

"So Seto is your new vessel, huh?" she asked awkwardly as she took a deep breath to calm down.

"Yes, I honestly don't know how this works. I don't know why it worked with Joey and now why I'm with Seto." The Pharaoh admitted.

Probably because you three were the legendary knights of Atlantis and share a bond like no other.

"Can you get in touch with Seto?" she asked, wondering how much time they had left.

"I have been trying, but I think a part of him may have been absorbed along with Obelisk." The Pharaoh said, back to looking worried. "I can't sense him- completely there. But I promise you that using the Millennium Rod is not the way to do it. With a part of him missing, who knows what this dark magic could do to him."